Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Looking for.... >
  • Looking for....

• Looking for....

Old 07-09-2015, 06:56 AM

Very interesting!
    Old 07-09-2015, 07:03 AM

Ok, Sandygirl.....what is the name or mfg? Where did you find the photo?
    Old 07-09-2015, 07:15 AM

Alleeoop1, sorry but I just had to laugh. Sounds like a real good thing gone real bad! Some days you just can't win! ps--yes, hooray for your grandchildren. Where would we be without good people willing to serve our country. Bless them both!
    Old 07-09-2015, 07:55 AM

This is my magnetic pin dish:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]524683[/ATTACH]

I made it from a pretty saucer from the second-hand store, and 4 strong magnets glued to the bottom. I did another later using only one magnet, and the pins do line up with the points to the middle and heads out.

I did this because I'm cheap, but it's been really nice at retreats, because nobody else has the same one, so it's easy to identify. It also gets lots of compliments, which always feels good.
    Attached Thumbnails img_20150709_094520.jpg  
    Old 07-09-2015, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by mpspeedy2
    I wondered about using something with a strong magnet like that around a computerized sewing machine. Perhaps a sewing machine dealer could give us some answers. I will be sure and ask my Bernina dealer the next time I visit her shop. I don't want to damage my Bernina.
    My Bernina dealer says it is ok. The newer machines are fine with magnetics....I would check with the older machines though.
    Old 07-09-2015, 03:31 PM

Erica's had it at the Shipshewanna quilt show.

Magnetic Holder that repels & separates items to the edge in a fanned out pattern placing them in a ready to pick up position. Functional as it is fun. Weight allows it to also be used as a paper weight. Any metal items can now be organized. More than an magnetic pin cushion. Even Wonder Clips fan out in an easy to pick up pattern. Size: 3.75" x 3.75".
    www.ericas.com
    Old 07-09-2015, 03:31 PM

I actually met the woman that invented this when I was in Houston last year for Quilt Market. We were both in the rental car lot at the same time and she started asking me questions about market. She actually works in the upholstery/interior decorating business and knew almost nothing about quilting, but was there trying to find someone that would be a distributor for these. I'm so glad she succeeded! She's very nice and I thought it was a brilliant idea. She has the manufacturing set up in Arizona and is using as many disabled veterans as possible. I'm sure at some point her idea will be ripped off and the new ones will be manufactured in China, so I'm going to guy mine as soon as possible!

Originally Posted by Sandygirl
    It is this one. It is brand new. Not a Dritz. Ask your fav quilt shop to order them $19.95 retail. Cool!

sandy
    Old 07-09-2015, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by fivepaws
    I thought that you could not use magnets around computerized machines. Is this still true? I do have older machines. I believe I was told that when I bought my HUS.
    When I bought my Viking Sapphire 2yrs ago the dealer said it is Ok to have a magnetized pin dish near the sewing machine but not to attach anything magnetic to the machine itself.
    Old 07-09-2015, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by peggy119
    Erica's had it at the Shipshewanna quilt show.

Magnetic Holder that repels & separattes items to the edge in a fanned out pattern placing them in a ready to pick up position. Functional as it is fun. Weight allows it to also be used as a paper weight. Any metal items can now be organized. More than an magnetic pin cushion. Even Wonder Clips fan out in an easy to pick up pattern. Size: 3.75" x 3.75".
    www.ericas.com
    This is it!! It's called the Zirkel Magnet Pin Holder. Thank you so much!!!
    Old 07-09-2015, 05:28 PM

Bought mine at Harbor Freight also, $9 less than they were at the local big box sewing store. I have one at each of my 2 machines and one by my cutting table & ironing table.