Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Check out your Walmart fabric section >

Check out your Walmart fabric section

Check out your Walmart fabric section

Old 09-29-2015, 06:19 AM

Another store having fantastic fabric sales in Marden's in Maine. Their quality quilting fabric has many bolts at just $2 per yard. I've been going to the store several times to stock up and may have to travel to a few in other cities up here to check out what they have. I know my daughter said the Lewiston, ME store has the sales.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by mme3924 View Post
I so often want to say "here, let me show you," but I don't, of course.
I have done that. The fabric dept used to be back by the automotive dept and 3 times in the last 15? years some poor kid from that dept comes over. I try to help him out, keeping it as a teaching moment, that maybe he'll use again in the future.
At the time I thought I had kids that age, he doesn't WANT to be here and I hope if I ever end up a customer in the auto dept, he will be as kind to me.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by judytudy View Post
They brought back their fabric departments in IL!!!!
WOW!!!! Lucky you. I don't know where you live in Ill. but at all of the Wal-mart's in my area, there are three locally, the fabric and yarn departments are awful. I think I have more material and yarn in my own stash than all of their merchandise combined.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:09 PM

We are in the country and not many fabric shops around and quilting shops costly and few of them. We have 3 people working in fabric and someone there daytime and weekends and I am friends with manager. They have 4 isles of material, quilting and sewing supplies, lots of fabric and solid color $2.97 and prints $3.97 and nice material. I have been buying material at Wal Marts and made a lot of clothes and they are still going strong and look good.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:13 PM

Had help in this store tell me WM was sued because they keep hunting and fishing and automotive for the men and had to bring back material/crafts for the women.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

I just was in mine last week and they were NOT on clearance.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:38 AM

My Walmart (Culpeper, VA) is stocking nice seasonal fabrics. Was told that they won't restock those particular fabrics so it is on a buy when you see it basis. I got a yard of the cutest doggie fabric out of the remnant bin, and they have on bolt other cat and dog fabrics. Very nice quality. I plan to stop by more frequently.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:44 PM

My two Walmart stores have come around with fabric help. They have trained photo, TV section, party supplies, anyone near fabric department. It nice to be able to look for someone close. Male or female they come. I am so happy for store manger's who so lets have everyone help. Then on vacation in NC their plan is - customer needs help
in whatever place they are at and a person on the floor has a phone and they call someone to help, then they check to see someone is there. Nice!