Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Denim circles >
  • Denim circles

• Denim circles

Old 09-21-2016, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dodie
    I also have the circle cutter but find it much easier to use something from m kitchen plate, saucer, lid whatever works for me with no added expense
    I'm with you...I'll find something in my kitchen or basement (husband's tools) to use even if I have to clean it.
    Old 10-26-2016, 09:28 AM

HI, I just found this board and am so excited!! I saw your post regarding someone that will cut with their accuquilt. Would you happen to know how much she charges per hour? I have a new Studio I got a few months ago and I want to actually network and maybe offer that service as well but don't know how much to charge. I was going to contact some guilds and quilting shops. I usually purchase one die a month to build up my inventory. I purhased the studio because I have fibro and osteo and can't use scissors or even a rotary cutter. I checked out the Go's but I wanted to cut a larger volume, also I found that studio was actually easier to crank than the others and stays on the table. So I opted for it and am so glad I did. I absolutely love it. I recently cut over 200 denim rag circles in an hour that I'm not sure I would even still be close to being done cutting out if I had to use scissors. It was worth it for me on just that one quilt alone.
    Old 10-26-2016, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by johans
    We have a lady in our guild that will cut any pattern on her AcuQuilt for an hourly fee. You might inquire at your local quilt shop or at a quilt guild. It was so worth it when I needed 30 birds & wings for a quilt I did several years ago.
    Oh I accidently replied to this post but it went to the main board....this is the post I was replying to. I apologize I just joined today and am learning the way it works. Anyway I was wondering if you knew how much your lady charges per hour to cut out any pattern? Thanks in advance.