Spoofed phone numbers

Old 09-28-2017, 04:47 AM

THis happened just recently to me. Thought my hubby was calling me from the garage so I answered it. so mad when I heard for the umpteenth time, "Hi this is Krissy from Credit Card Services". Called and reported them to our
local police department and they told me that there is nothing that can be done and to just not answer any calls that I am not sure of. Hate it when it has a local name and number but I no longer answer calls from anyone I don't normally speak with. Was told if you pick up it will just continue because they know then it is a live number and continue selling it. Wicked world we are living in.

Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
Hate those calls also! We've gotten calls from ourselves! I always look at caller ID, and had to ask my DH why he was calling...our name and our number shows up! Didn't answer, and blocked it!
Old 09-28-2017, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

Since I started getting those calls with my area code I've learned to not answer them. If it's someone who's really calling me they will leave a message. I'm done with that nonsense!
Old 09-28-2017, 06:21 AM

I used the whistle when I rec'd obscene phone calls. I think I'll use it with credit and student loan calls, just have to wait for a human. LOL
Old 09-28-2017, 12:13 PM

I pick up my phone and sit next front of the tv for a few minutes, they hang up on me ��
Old 09-28-2017, 03:47 PM

Yes, file a complaint with your state AG, FCC and send copies to your congressmen. The louder we complain the more they'll listen. OH and try to get your state to pass a law saying "ONLY telemarket Calls Made by LIVE PEOPLE, EMPLOYED IN YOUR STATE will be legal. AND they have to be LIVE calls" This is hard but I keep trying where I live.
Our cell phones don't need to be "open mike" any day of the week.

One time I pretended to be hard of hearing and made the person give me the name of the company three times. THEN I started screaming "HOW DARE YOU USE THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE ! YOU FILTHY PERVERT! YOU SHOULD BE IN PRISON! I'M REPORTING YOU AND YOUR COMPANY TO THE POLICE RIGHT NOW"
All I heard was dial tone. LOL.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:56 AM

My dh laughs at me when I answer to a number I do not know in a monotone: Hello, this is a recording, please leave your number. By the time the 'recording' the word is said, they hang up. Fingers crossed, its worked so far.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:13 AM

On our land line we get several a day. I have stopped answering any calls that I don't know who is calling. My answering machine is on so if it is anyone important they will leave a message. It is so bad having the phone ring while we are trying to rest as we are both in bad health and need to take rest times. If people would stop buying and talking to them maybe they would close up and go away.