Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Another ByAnnie Bag-- Catch All Caddy >
  • Another ByAnnie Bag-- Catch All Caddy

• Another ByAnnie Bag-- Catch All Caddy

Old 01-01-2019, 11:47 AM
    Power Poster

First, thank you all for your kind comments!

Originally Posted by oksewglad
    This looks bigger in the added pictures than in the first one. Do you plan on putting bigger rulers in it and will a 6 x 24 fit in it? Looks great!
    Hi OK, no, it's only 13" wide x 6" deep x 7" tall. Not huge. The 6x24 ruler would best be carried seperately. Annie does have a pattern for a case to carry rulers... a big zippered case. This lady is an organization freak, so she's got a case for everything... (and everything in it's case!)

Originally Posted by RJLinkletter
    How easy was it to sew? I’ve only been sewing about a year and have made a few basic zippered credit card size purses and a very basic tote bag but that’s all. Would thi be feasible for a beginner?
    I must say honestly that this is not a beginner's project. It's not easy to sew. You need a strong, gear driven sewing machine to get through all the layers. I would never attempt it on a belt driven machine. If you have a good strong machine, you might try it. Just go step by step and I'm sure you will learn a lot along the way.

Originally Posted by sailsablazin
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this bag. I can send you my address in case it needs a home. This would be awesome to take to a retreat!!!
    It has a home.... Make yourself one, sails!
    Old 01-01-2019, 12:05 PM
    Power Poster

There is a Craftsy/Bluprint class for this bag, called "Sew Sturdy Home Organizers", if you need help putting it together.
    Old 01-01-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by RJLinkletter
    How easy was it to sew? I’ve only been sewing about a year and have made a few basic zippered credit card size purses and a very basic tote bag but that’s all. Would thi be feasible for a beginner?
    I love the By Annie bags. I made two backpacks and gave them as Christmas gifts. They were very well recieved. I want to make another of the backpack2 (smaller one) and change the position of the handles to use as a purse.

I think you, as a beginner, could make this bag. Because you have a little experience of following a bag pattern. These are more detailed, but doable. When I get stuck, I go back and re-read the step that I am stuck at until "the light comes on" and I "get it". Good luck, you will love these bags.
    Attached Thumbnails aa2bb58c-38ec-4116-84ee-5e016d0c132e.jpeg   609ec2c7-0156-4e6f-9785-fc77c8e270e2.jpeg  

Last edited by Ellen 1; 01-01-2019 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Forgot to say: from the scraps, I made small zippered bags to go with the backpack. Great for coins, makeup (a little),etc
    Old 01-01-2019, 12:55 PM

Forgot to say the scraps are already quilted, just have to add zipper.

This caddy is great. Wonder if she will design one like it with a lid?
    Old 01-01-2019, 01:04 PM
    Power Poster

Bonnie, not only is it beautiful, well made, but it is really going to serve your needs for it while having fun.
    Old 01-01-2019, 01:33 PM

Love that bag.
    Old 01-01-2019, 01:57 PM

Beautifully done and I love all the compartments! I aspire to make a bag this year, but this pattern might be out of my league.
    Old 01-01-2019, 03:00 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ellen 1
    I love the By Annie bags. I made two backpacks and gave them as Christmas gifts. They were very well recieved. I want to make another of the backpack2 (smaller one) and change the position of the handles to use as a purse.
    Your backpacks look great, Ellen! It's nice to see the two sizes, side by side for comparison.

Originally Posted by Ellen 1
    This caddy is great. Wonder if she will design one like it with a lid?
    Probably not, since it's meant to work out of. This bag would make an awesome knitting bag!
    Old 01-01-2019, 03:05 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by zozee
    Beautifully done and I love all the compartments! I aspire to make a bag this year, but this pattern might be out of my league.
    I really don't mean to scare anyone away from making these bags! They are time consuming, but if you take them step by step they mostly aren't hard. The only part I found hard was sewing on the final binding around the bag. I made it hard for myself because I wanted to use the narrower measurement for my binding, so it would be tight. So of course that made it ten times harder to pull it around and cover all the stitching underneath it! I used 2.25" binding, but you can use 2.5" and save yourself some angst.

There are lots of pieces, but the pattern gives you a sheet of labels to cut and put on each piece you cut, so you know what is what. I thought that was a nice touch!
    Old 01-01-2019, 03:09 PM

Thanks for the detailed feedback sewbiz. I might wait a while and practice a simpler bag first!