Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Alligator clips and comic boards on order! >
  • Alligator clips and comic boards on order!

• Alligator clips and comic boards on order!

Old 12-25-2020, 06:23 AM

Can't wait for the pictures!

Watson
    Old 12-25-2020, 10:12 AM

Folded fab on 22 boards. I may be wrong but I just may have to buy more boards. 100 may not be enough. So far only one board has "what was I thinking" fab on it and just over a yard. A couple I may lay aside to make them into a kit. My routine is working. Press/spray, hang to dry, work on quilt, fold, smile! Now for lunch..
    Old 12-26-2020, 04:34 AM

Can you share a photo? I’d like to see how the size works before I jump in to purchase.
    Old 12-26-2020, 05:05 AM

Not able to share photo of my fab but did a google search for COMIC BOARDS FABRIC FOLDING. Lots of pics.

2nd "session" of folding and how the weird stuff is surfacing. I thought about folding by color and that lasted 30 min! Now I just grab whatever and away we go. Folded fab this way is so different from ruler folding. Now I can see what I have at a glance. As I fold today I will toss into a container, not the circular file, fab that will be cut into usable pieces. Layer cakes, jelly, charms. Tonight I'll have enough folded to organize by color.
    Old 12-26-2020, 07:26 AM

Realize have odd lengths of some fab. Not quite half yard. So decided to do 2 colors on one comic board! Some will have same color some won't. Saving those boards for yardage. Getting smart and folding fat quarters as I go but need container for them. Maybe temporary housing in plastic container.
    Old 12-27-2020, 06:15 AM

Worked on my fabric folding off and on yesterday. Used up 80 boards with lots of fabric left! Doubled up on skinny boards so I have 2 and sometimes 3 dif fab on one board. Someone on this forum this is a lot of work and boy was she/he right. As I grab fab I'm trimming to charms, jellies, layer cakes and shhhhh....trash. I need more coffee! Bye!~~~~~~
    Old 12-27-2020, 02:40 PM

I am really lazy. I am reading all the posts and eating Pistachios that I got in one of my bags from my daughter.
    Old 12-28-2020, 03:12 AM

Waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel but no visual as of last night. Decided I needed containers for my hunks and chunks. Walmart had "shoe storage" containers on sale...10 for under $8.00 but only available at the store. So off we go. Bought 30 of them. Only draw back is they are UNDER 5" high so have to fold creatively but doable.

Fabric on the bookcases are definitely changing their appearance from looking like a tossed salad (really messy) to nice little soldiers (standing at attention).

Have to admit I realize my taste in fabric/colors has changed drastically. Not a fan of scrappy but may have to force myself to make 2 or 3 or 4 to use these almost charms and odd sized fat quarters. Just would like to know who threw their "uglies" into my stash. That wasn't very nice.

OK back to work after my coffee and a game of solitaire.
    Old 12-28-2020, 05:33 PM

DRUM ROLL PLEASE! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Fabric on bookshelves is done! Only used 7 of 30 containers for fat quarters and charms. Since I wrapped 2 or 3 short lengths of fabric on boards, I have 23 left. Now I have to go thru the tubs of fabric. Two tubs I don't have to touch since they are for our log cabin quilt and daughter's Drunkards Path.
    Old 12-28-2020, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julienm1
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Fabric on bookshelves is done! Only used 7 of 30 containers for fat quarters and charms. Since I wrapped 2 or 3 short lengths of fabric on boards, I have 23 left. Now I have to go thru the tubs of fabric. Two tubs I don't have to touch since they are for our log cabin quilt and daughter's Drunkards Path.
    Woot-woot! Way to go Julie! You've made me want to organize my stuff better. I have a small walk in closet that I am looking at buying some shelves for, then buy the comic boards and get better organized. Fabric is starting to take over my crowded sewing room.

Dang you.... Making work for me. Lol

Enjoy your newly organized space. Tipping my wine glass to you. 🍸🍸🍸🍸