Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have the Bernina 770 QE E? >

Anyone have the Bernina 770 QE E?

Anyone have the Bernina 770 QE E?

Old 11-10-2021, 08:18 AM

I love love love mine. I have the embroidery module and have started using it to do edge to edge quilting with one of those huge magnetic hoops. I really like it and have been able to do some beautiful quilting. I have had my machine for over 5 years and I use it daily. I have not had any issues with it. I don’t find it too picky with threads.
i would not quilt everyday if my machine gave me problems. I don’t have the patience to work with a machine that messes up frequently. Before this machine I used a husqvarna SE. it was also a good machine. AND it never requires oiling.
Old 11-10-2021, 01:11 PM

oh...an SE...I had one of those...but I hate to admit it, I never used it much because I was bonded to my old Viking D1, that was such a workhorse and I did tons of embroidery with it with it's floppy disc drive! I had gotten the SE for a very good price when they were discontinuing that model....I ended giving it to a friend of mine cuz she just loved her SE and still has it...it is her go to machine even though she got an EPIC
Mine was to be her spare.....but she ended up giving it her daughter who loves it!
Old 11-10-2021, 05:30 PM

Did you get this rebate when you bought your Bernina?

"To get the coupon for the BERNINA $100 rebate when you purchase a new BERNINA machine or Bernette ($1,000 or more) by December 14, 2021, email [email protected] and she will mail you a coupon. Please use BERNINA Rebate in the subject line."

Alex Anderson keeps mentioning this rebate also? You have to contact her to get it through her.

I don't know if it would be valid after purchasing. Worth a try.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

I shot her off an email to see if I qualify to get the coupon. Thanks for the heads up, carol. That would get me some more bobbins or maybe a new foot, right? They give me 20 percent off for the next year off accessories.
Hubby bought home the machine last night. He didn't let me know it was here in town from Chicago, so what a surprise. Boy, there were five big boxes to open and unpack. How fun it was. Hubby said, "I am so glad I didn't have to wrap all of those". It is such a beauty and huge in comparison to the 440 Aurora I have. I am going to take the free classes just to learn the new bells and whistles she does.
I am in Bernina Heaven, LOL!
Old 11-13-2021, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Colly View Post
I love love love mine. I have the embroidery module and have started using it to do edge to edge quilting with one of those huge magnetic hoops. I really like it and have been able to do some beautiful quilting. I have had my machine for over 5 years and I use it daily. I have not had any issues with it. I don’t find it too picky with threads.
i would not quilt everyday if my machine gave me problems. I don’t have the patience to work with a machine that messes up frequently. Before this machine I used a husqvarna SE. it was also a good machine. AND it never requires oiling.
Which hoop do you have? I am wondering if it is like the one I got from the quilt in a day site lingering in a box.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:32 AM

I have the Snap Hoop Monster made for the Bernina embroidery machine I have. It was expensive but I’ve used it so much that I feel it is worth it. I also use the Edge To Edge quilting embroidery designs that are designed to go with the hoop. I can quilt a 13x7 area before having to move the hoop. I found both the hoop and the designs on Amazon so it was easy to buy. There is a slight learning curve that is not difficult to overcome. Also YouTube videos are available.
Old 11-15-2021, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Colly View Post
I have the Snap Hoop Monster made for the Bernina embroidery machine I have. It was expensive but I’ve used it so much that I feel it is worth it. I also use the Edge To Edge quilting embroidery designs that are designed to go with the hoop. I can quilt a 13x7 area before having to move the hoop. I found both the hoop and the designs on Amazon so it was easy to buy. There is a slight learning curve that is not difficult to overcome. Also YouTube videos are available.
Having been away from quilting for almost 20 years, I had no idea that the embroidery machines could do quilting! Thank you for that information, even if it means lots of $$$ someday when my current Bernina 1090 decides it has had a good life and it’s time to retire.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:42 AM

This is a new concept to many of us SuzSLO, this topic started on the main page but ended up here -- some links and discussion from various viewpoints.
Embroidery Machine Question
Old 11-15-2021, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
This is a new concept to many of us SuzSLO, this topic started on the main page but ended up here -- some links and discussion from various viewpoints.
Embroidery Machine Question
Thanks to the link to the earlier thread.

Like you I have space issues, so I can’t imagine ever getting a long arm or mid-arm. I am lucky that I have a large quilting table with a drop leaf in which my machine sits flush. I’m honestly not a fan of the look of edge to edge quilting, so there is that. I’m in the middle of a FMQ class from Hollyanne Knight of String and Story and with the skills I’m learning and my walking foot, I may already have the tools I need to complete my quilts.
Old 11-16-2021, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

I had no idea you could quilt with the embroidery module. My next door neighbor works for our Bernina dealer and she said I could use hers anytime to see if I like it. Thanks for the tip.