Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap - Sign-up until midnight April 30. Come join the fun! >

May Secret Pal Swap - Sign-up until midnight April 30. Come join the fun!

May Secret Pal Swap - Sign-up until midnight April 30. Come join the fun!

Old 05-18-2022, 04:28 PM

Default I got it!

I received my swap package from wbfrog yesterday. She sent me red, blue, and cream fabrics, embroidery flosses, hoops, and a wide variety of items to make lingerie-straps, hooks, underwire, and fabrics. I will use everything as completely as possible!

Thank you so much!

Deborah
Attached Thumbnails img_0943.jpg  
Old 05-19-2022, 01:40 PM

I finally got the last items I was waiting on for my secret pal. I will send it out tomorrow, just in time for the deadline!
Old 05-19-2022, 03:41 PM

Default Thank you so much Deborah!

Hi Everyone,

I received a fabulous swap package from Deborah.... who always spoils us all. She sent me ALL the items on my wish list (I always try to put a couple of things to make life easier for my partner). She sent me 4 yard of my most wanted fabric which will go Into my Alaska Quilt for our newly painted bedroom, the Karen Kay Buckley Perfect Circles which I will use for my applique, and the Clearly Perfect Slotted Trimmers that I wanted....also two US magazines which I absolutely love... they are so much better than the magazines in the UK and as always.... she sent a gift for our Westie... Chloe... a lovely monkey. I have to say that Chloe always know when the package if from Deborah and she goes ballistic!!!!1. Jumping up and down and demanding that I open it immediately.

Deborah, as always you have spoilt me again as you do everyone, thank you so much.

Hugs

Caroline. xx

Attached Thumbnails may-2022-deborah-gaijin-.jpg  
Old 05-20-2022, 10:46 AM

Just going to give an update:

If you sent an email and I have not replies, I am sorry. I have been down with covid since last Saturday.

My mom: my mom had an MRI and PET scan yesterday. We are still waiting for the results but can tell you they are not going to be good. The cancer is growing on the exterior of her torso and two weeks ago it looked like a measles rash. It is not solid red and raised.

Her MRI showed the cancer had invaded her brain and breeched the blood/brain barrier.

My mom told me she does not think she will make the summer. My heart is heavy and I am really trying my best to function but not even sure what that will look like. Please have patience with me.

Thanks,
Kathy
Old 05-23-2022, 09:35 AM

Next month has posted:

June Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups close May 30 midnight - Come join the fun! - Quiltingboard Forums
Old 05-24-2022, 10:30 PM
Power Poster

Hi Kathy, I am not sure if you received my PM's or not. I think that I might have done something that keeps me from receiving or sending messages.

Could you let me know if you have received anything from me.

Thank You

BrendaK
Old 05-25-2022, 02:28 PM

Thank you AnnaQuilts for my wonderful Pal package. I was the lucky recipient of some great fabric (yardage and scraps!) and a creative grids ruler, which was my requested item. Even my dog gets to enjoy a little something, too. Thank you so much!
Attached Thumbnails 20220525_181528.jpg  
Old 05-25-2022, 04:16 PM

Default Wonderful secret pal package from Annaquilts

Thank you so much, Annaquilts! My goodness there were the sench side threading needles, fabrics, a book, chocolate a dog toy a pattern, socks, so much! I ordered a special item for my secret pal from Etsy and it still hasn’t arrived, so I went to plan B and got a few other items, it is on the way priority :-) I’m writing this from O’Hare airport waiting for a flight to Portugal, I have the sench needles and my embroidery as well as the Jennifer Chiaravini book to read in the overnight flight, and the lavender soap in the luggage. Thank you so much Anna! Hugs!!
Attached Thumbnails 388a2f88-fa6a-48c5-bb5a-87c85ce0024d.jpeg  
Old 05-26-2022, 04:01 AM
Power Poster

Hi, Just wanted to let the person who had my name that I haven't received anything yet. As soon as I receive my package I will let you know. I still am not sure if anyone can see what I post. One day I hit a key I shouldn't have and things have not been the same since. Can someone send me a PM so I can find out if I am still part of this board!

Thanks
BrendaK
Old 05-26-2022, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

So glad you got my package LAF2019 and liked the items. I in particular had fun shopping for the space fabric and thought it very pretty. Once you finish the quilt I would love to see a picture.