Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome keeps beeping for no reason >

Janome keeps beeping for no reason

Janome keeps beeping for no reason

Old 04-19-2023, 06:17 AM

I'll try wedging the back once I get the new pedal. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking the problem might be it's just too big. Meaning more so it's too wide with the bigger harp space, which I do love while making quilts! While I'm waiting for the pedal I'm going back to my old machine to see if it's better on my back. If it is better then I guess it's time to sell it, my husband wants me to try to trade it in for another new machine, but I'm a stubborn person and I like what I like. sigh. I hate that about me. It's partly due to health reasons (auto-immune inflammatory stuff that's been going on for decades now and just getting worse and worse) but things that are comfortable for me make it so I can't change them out. Like something as silly as a toothbrush. Since they started making the one I use (back when I was a kid I think) it's all I ever used, then they stopped making it years ago, and then brought it back with a new style. I tried all the other brushes I could find and just couldn't use them comfortably so we bought 20 of the old ones on ebay from someone who got a pile of them from a DDS office, so some are plain and some have the DDS info on them haha. But I'm set. Totally ridiculous!!! It's the same with socks and sneakers, they stopped making the sneakers I basically lived in, still, after 10 years now, have not been able to find another pair/brand that my feet don't scream in pain from. sigh. I hate my body some days. haha.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

I got so frustrated when buying new underwear and the brand style I liked were not made anymore. Now when I find the right for me anything I buy as many of them as I think I will use for years. No kidding. I have two dozen new bras all bought on clearance when the style was discontinued. This includes quilting tools too. I have many discontinued tools that I would regret not having in my quilt room. I made sure to have back ups.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I got so frustrated when buying new underwear and the brand style I liked were not made anymore. Now when I find the right for me anything I buy as many of them as I think I will use for years. No kidding. I have two dozen new bras all bought on clearance when the style was discontinued. This includes quilting tools too. I have many discontinued tools that I would regret not having in my quilt room. I made sure to have back ups.
I do the same. Especially with bras. I found a Victoria's Secret bra I liked years ago. Probably 2005 or 2006. I bought a dozen. Then they put them on sale and I figured they were going to discontinue them so I bought another dozen or so. I'm just now getting to where I'm going to have to start looking for new bras soon.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by gardengirl1331 View Post
thanks!! The only form I could find on the site didn't allow it to be filled out for anything but embroidery. So if this pedal doesn't fix it I'll use that to contact them! Thanks again!!!
Hi
I would contact them now, outlining what has happened to date, just to keep it on file. Update them a few months in if everything is going well, just to let them know. If not, you have started the paper trail to resolution.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I do the same. Especially with bras. I found a Victoria's Secret bra I liked years ago. Probably 2005 or 2006. I bought a dozen. Then they put them on sale and I figured they were going to discontinue them so I bought another dozen or so. I'm just now getting to where I'm going to have to start looking for new bras soon.
Me too!! I used to wear the seamless victoria secrets underwear then they stopped making it, I have one pair left of them, the seams irritate my skin and cause hives?! not sure how. I have found another one I like, which have seams but they're not so irritating, but I can NEVER find it in stock in my size, so when I find them I buy a couple packs of them. With socks I hate new socks! Why they stopped making undies and socks in 100% cotton (well minus the elastic) with that odor control stuff, etc is beyond me. T-shirts are the same, it's impossible to find comfy (not showing my belly or basically almost tank tops instead of sleeves) 100% cotton shirts. When I do they again never have my size since it's the ave size I assume everyone buys locally. hahaha. I've started buying the same shirts my husband wears since they're more comfy then women's stuff. Sadly, again due to my health I can't wear bras due to rib/sternum/spine pain, so that's not an issue for me. I have two that I keep for special things where I HAVE to wear one, like weddings etc. I HATE having to not wear a bra, but if someone actually had the gall to say something I'd tell them why making sure to make them feel guilty in the process. ha.

As for the pedal, they just called me to say they have to charge for shipping. I've only owned this thing for three months and they can't even do that for me? Yeah I'll never buy anything from this company again.

I only sewed two backings today on my old machine and it's like coming home again. From day one that machine was like an extension of me. Didn't realize how much I'm not bonding with the new one! If the pedal fixes the new one I'll be selling it, still not sure if I want to do an exchange or not. The store I'd have to go to is over an hour away, then having to sit there and test out machines will be exhausting for me, so I'm not sure I'd be able to make a good choice if pain is distracting me. I'm not sure what to do. I might say to heck with it and buy the same machine again (the one I have is the 6300) I see some places still sell new ones. When I tried to ask a few stores about selling the new one to them (this was when it was only about 45 days old) only one got back to me, which is about 1.5 hours from me, I might just try them since they're the only ones who actually were real nice telling me they only take used machines in for trade. Everyone else just ignored it which makes me not want to buy a new machine from them either if they can't take 2 mins to explain things. Otherwise I'll just keep my old one and hope nothing happens to it anytime soon.

What is the ave time frame for how long these newer computerized machines last? The only problem I've had in 9 years is the bobbin case, otherwise it's been a wonderful machine.
Old 04-19-2023, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by ElaineCovid View Post
Hi
I would contact them now, outlining what has happened to date, just to keep it on file. Update them a few months in if everything is going well, just to let them know. If not, you have started the paper trail to resolution.
Ok, I just sent them the form in case the foot pedal doesn't help. thanks.
Old 04-19-2023, 01:48 PM
Power Poster

I would stay far away from that dealer that hasn't responded. Could have at least responded with a not possible to do that. All but a few dealers I have known want to make a sale but rare is the one that wants to keep a customer for life.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:44 PM

I would stay far away from that dealer that hasn't responded. Could have at least responded with a not possible to do that. All but a few dealers I have known want to make a sale but rare is the one that wants to keep a customer for life.
Yeah the place that I got this new machine from was great until the sale, then forget it. I had a couple simple use questions since it was different from my old 6300 and the sales expert who told me they know lots about the 6650 and sell lots of them flat out told me to call the service people?! It wasn't a service question, it was a basic question that they would have answered had I not bought it yet. (compared to where I buy camera stuff, the place I get my stuff from when you buy a new camera, sets you up automatically with a help person who will always be there to answer any question you have, she emailed me the day my sale went through before I even got it, just to introduce herself to me!) It's like they don't care about anything I have to ask about since the sale is done. They even said if I have any questions they'd be happy to answer them, then ignored me from then on.

The one local place has two locations, sadly both over an hour from me, one in each direction. But I've never been a customer and they still took the time to quickly respond to my online form to say they do trade ins only not outright buying. But they seem much more willing to actually want to help me out if possible and were very friendly.

It's the same with my first repair guy he would not listen to me at all, then blamed me for the problem I was having, turns out it was just the bobbin case, and even asking him to replace it, he only had the other one, high tension, low tension, can't remember, but I needed the other one. I even asked him if he could order one for me and either mail it to me (I'd pay all shipping) or I'd come get it. Never heard back from him again!? I just don't get it. In this day and age with online stuff you'd think they'd want to have local customers, especially since his prices were way high. I know customer service has been hard with bad customers, but I worked retail for years and you do anything to make good customers happy. period. Ignoring them will just guarantee they go somewhere else and if they're upset enough, like me sadly, I come here to talk about it.

I just wish the old sewing/vacuum repair place that used to be very local was still here. Just an old school shop only 20mins from my house. But like with everything else it closed down years ago. It seems like the more and more people who move to this area you'd think these stores would stay open, but everything is closing. We used to only shop at KMart, JCPenney and Sears for most stuff and they've all closed, then they started having problems nationally too. But when we go to shop with a list of like 5 items (last month we went out for a kitchen rug, a veggie peeler and to look for a couple other things, came home with absolutely nothing! We can't find anything locally anymore. It's very sad.)
Old 04-19-2023, 02:59 PM

Also I just looked around and no one seems to sell the 6300 anymore. They have been officially discontinued. I should have bought another one of those when I bought the 6650 instead. I really wanted to upgrade but I don't like anything I was excited about aside from a few stitches. The harp space hurts my back, the 9mm vs the 7mm makes doing 1/4" stitches a LOT hard, etc. Oh well, very very very expensive mistake I guess. Next time I'll go with my gut like it told me to get another 6300. I wanted a second machine as a back up and instead tried to upgrade and use the 6300 as the backup.

I looked for a used one and people want $700-800+ for them!! I only paid $900 and got a bunch of extras with it! So I guess I'll now have to do research all over again if I do sell the 6650. The 6300 is absolutely perfect for what I sew/quilt, so now I'm a little sad. haha.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:41 AM

Just heard from Janome and they're not much help either. They said if I take to a more local dealer/repair person they can/will charge for warranty work?!?! What?!?! What is that warranty for than? I'll definitely just sell this if the pedal fixes the issue, I do NOT want to deal with a company who is acting like this with warranty work, especially with the prices of machines now!

Side note after sewing on my old 6300 again while waiting for the pedal I instantly felt more at home like I said with the 2 backings. yesterday I spent time quilting the two quilts I'm working and and had fun again! Stitching in the ditch was easier. Yes getting it through a smaller harp had to be slightly altered to get it right, but it didn't hurt my back half as much! I think the bigger machines just must be too wide and too far to the left for my back. But it was nice to be excited about sewing again and not worrying about the machine. There are only a few things I'll miss, like they have brackets around the "base" numbers for stitch length and width, but the old one I just hit the other stitch button then back to the one I was on and it goes back to the default numbers without my having to remember them. And the nice bright LED lights instead of the one incandescent. The plate actually lays flatter to the bed on the old one, so I have less issues with seams popping up on when they hit the plate, so that's nice, I thought it was just me, not the machine doing it.