Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I am not a scrap booker but . . . >

I am not a scrap booker but . . .

I am not a scrap booker but . . .

Old 01-03-2010, 05:24 PM

I only give them to special people in my life!!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:26 PM

oups hadn`t finished! LOL Yes I understand some people don`t appreciate the work behind quilts and anything handmade so that`s why I chose very carefully those i choose to give to.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:43 PM

How did you post your cards? Did it cost extra to mail? I love what you did. They are gorgeous. I'd frame the card if you sent me one.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by sew cornie
Sounds like a great idea. I don't scrapbook or make my own cards, but have several family members who do. I know they spend a lot of time and take great care in making their beautiful cards (much the way we take pride in our quilting). I feel terrible about not keeping the cards, so instead I cut the card on its fold and glue the front of it to a solid colored paper gift bag. With birthdays, Christmas, etc., I use the gift bags for the person who initially gave me the card. That way their card can be used again and again.
That's a great idea. Thank you. Sure better than buying gift bags. I hate to wrap.
Decorative gift bags are so expensive too, but plain colored paper ones are pretty cheap. I can usually get them several to a pack at the dollar store. Getting back to your original idea of recycling, in the past I've done the same thing with gift bags using store bought Christmas cards, not just handmade cards.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette
Great minds think alike!! LOL I bought my blank crds at Walmart. Used material as background as well as parts of scenery, embellished with embroidery and added a little fairie or angel made with beach stones and shells. Here are a few examples. I will never buy a card again, thy are so expensive.
Those are absolutely stunning!! Amazingly creative. . . WOW! If I received one of your cards, I'd have it framed!

:D
Old 01-04-2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette
Great minds think alike!! LOL I bought my blank crds at Walmart. Used material as background as well as parts of scenery, embellished with embroidery and added a little fairie or angel made with beach stones and shells. Here are a few examples. I will never buy a card again, thy are so expensive.
Those are adorable. I would not recycle it if I got one.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Won't they be confused when they get a message addressed to "Dear burnsk" ?????? lol
Old 01-04-2010, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Won't they be confused when they get a message addressed to "Dear burnsk" ?????? lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 PM

ty so much. My daughter wants to frame them. lol I want to make her a scene using the same method for her to frame..on my to-do list. lol