Anyone else here tv -less?

Old 05-10-2010, 10:31 AM

I haven't had tv for 25 yrs. My husband did buy a tv for watching movies on tape and dvds, but no stations come in on the tv. we will never have tv again.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:53 PM

We have a tv in the living room dominated by my hubby. My son who is 18 has one in his room that he occasionally watches. There is one in my sewing room that I would love to hook up to the satelite but the $$$ isn't there for that right now.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Sometimes I wish I were, I know I'd get alot more done, LOL!
I'd have to agree with you. I'm sure I'd go thru withdrawal, cuz' its always on, even though the cats are the only one in the room, but I'd sure like to spend a month without it and see how clean my house got. tee hee
Old 05-10-2010, 01:17 PM

we went thru about a week that we really missed it....and honestly I think it was just the habit of turning it on and hearing it that we missed. Now we go to the library more, we do more crafts, the kids play outside more. We do get movies at the library, watch a few online and once in a blue moon go to redbox. Like today was library day and they got movies like Arthur and all and are happily watching those. The amount they read though and how well they read has tripled! It is amazing to see. I like the control we have too over when we watch something.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:23 PM

Actually, I have 3 bathrooms in my house that don't have a tv in them. Otherwise, every other room has one.

Now, that's not right.
Although, we do mostly watch History channel, animal channel, and Minute to Winnit. Love that show. AH ha!!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:29 PM

DH and I watch about an hour every night. That's enough for me! We pretty much TIVO everything we watch, then fast forward through the commercials. When I'm the only one home, I don't usually turn it on. I like the quiet too much.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:49 PM

DH would just flat out die without the TV. He watches/sleeps through way to much junk. I like it, but give it up in a heartbeat. I mostly like the noise in the sewing studio. It also helps me keep up with the time.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:12 PM

Sometimes i wish we didn't have TV. A lot of times, it's on with no one watching but the couch. My husband always falls asleep
with it on. I would much rather have the quiet after a full day of little kids. I like Silence!!! :roll: :lol:
Old 05-10-2010, 02:19 PM

Our t.v. died a few months ago. So we brought out the little 12 incher color t.v. Then the Dish satelite became blocked by the fast growing tree near it and we haven't watched t.v. for more than a month. I really don't miss it at all. We are farmers so we really only watched 2 channels in the winter time.... why in the world we don't just get rid of the Dish is beyone me. It's costing too many bucks and we aren't using it! DH isn't a movie watcher (me either) but he does like the business channel. I love the silence. I love having more quality time with my home. hahahaha
Old 05-10-2010, 03:46 PM

Not much on to watch anyway.
Bought new flat screen before Christmas
get less channels now than we did before.
The thing in the sky keeps messing some of them up.
Watch two or three shows a week and got tired of news.
More fun to get on line, or sit and quilt.