Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Photos >
  • February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Photos

• February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Photos

Old 02-18-2008, 10:35 AM

Denise,
    I agree with the others, we don't comment to hurt anyone's feelings.If we do, we are sorry. I think it is our way of making excuses in case our block doesn't turn out perfect or as good as yours or whoever is doing the post. And remember even if we are moaning or whining about it we are the ones who chose to attempt it or not attempt it. That is the beauty of BOM. Do the ones you want, don't do the ones you don't want to. But however the other beauty of a forum is that we can all voice our opinions, if someone doesn't like them they can click on a different thread or not comment at all. Please don't be upset :( with anyone, we just like to let out our frustrations and keep a playful atmospere. I am about to put my block together but if it doesn't work out it isn't your fault, it is mine.

We still love you! :)
    Old 02-18-2008, 11:20 AM

I'm really sorry if it was my comments that upset you Denise...I would never deliberately set out to upset anyone....it was myself I was getting frustrated with, no-one forced me to do the block!
    Perhaps it's my English sense of humour that doesn't go down very well sometimes.......but I can assure you that the humour is usually very tongue-in-cheek!

Karen
    Old 02-18-2008, 12:09 PM

Sorry if i stuck my foot in it........ i only do BOM s whem I have time a lot going on flu right now............here is what I have done since the start
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-53042.jpe  
    Old 02-18-2008, 12:35 PM

They look good Ruth...i love the colours! Do I see a Dresden plate there?...I'm in the middle of a quilt with dresden plate blocks!

Karen
    Old 02-18-2008, 12:52 PM

ooops
    Old 02-18-2008, 01:14 PM

Sure looking pretty, Ruth!
    Old 02-18-2008, 02:03 PM

[quote=Yvonne]
    Well, there weren't a lot of participants in the Sue posting but I do think the people who did participate had fun

I did get to make a Sue block, but since I don't have a digtal camera, I have to wait to post my pictures. In fact I just now got my film back for the one I did for Mimi Sharons quilt.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:09 PM

Isn't it funny how quickly we've adjusted to instantaneous digital photos? Looking forward to seeing your Sue when you get to post her. As has been said many times before, there is no time limit here! We're lucky, aren't we? :P
    Old 02-18-2008, 03:22 PM
    Administrator

I absolutely AM going to make this block. I'm not going to use the instructions from the website, though. I don't care for her method at all. I have been photographing as I go and was going to post my WIP, but i have once again misplaced the cable i need to connect the camera to the computer. :x

I'm many, many blocks behind and had intended to start where I left off ... waaaaaay back in October. (Not to worry, Yvonne. I LOVED your Sue block - especially the crazy ideas everybody came up with. I won't get to it for a few weeks yet, but you WILL hear from my Sue. Cross my heart. :P )

Anyhoooo ... long story longer ... I'm glad Denise picked this block. There are so many ways to put this block together, and it seems to have scared so many of us ... I decided to skip ahead and work on it. I don't want to stay a 1-Pin Piecer. That means conquering them stinkin' Half-Square Triangles. So I'm divin' in. Ya'll join me. The water might be a bit murky, but we CAN do it. :P

Old 02-18-2008, 04:07 PM

Well let me say I was gone for the weekend to the coast. Denise thank you so much for the yardage requirements and putting them in feet and inches, not just meters. That is extremely thoughtful of you.
    I love your block and meant no offense when I said it was more of a stand alone block then a BOM. That will not in the least stop me from doing it as a quilt.
    This is a challenging block, but that's what makes it fun. I have seen a couple new quilter tips, I'll add another "thangles".
    Again Denise thanks, marieg