First chick hatched!

Old 05-24-2010, 03:02 PM

Awwww.....
Old 05-25-2010, 06:32 AM

Okay, here they all are fluffed out and making a mess! They're getting interested in their surroundings today and starting to venture around the tank. I think towards the end of this week we'll move them out to the garage in a bigger cage. They'll have their heat lamp still but it's in the low 90's now during the day so I don't think getting cold will be a problem! I'm expecting they'll start to smell a little here in the near future and that's just not an aroma I want floating around the house. :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-73204.jpe   attachment-73205.jpe   attachment-73206.jpe  
Old 05-25-2010, 06:38 AM
Banned

Okay they are WAY cute. And you're going to eat them??? Shame on you :)
Old 05-25-2010, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Well we're not going to eat them tomorrow! :P We'll eat them after they've grown up and aren't cute anymore. :)
Old 05-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Well we're not going to eat them tomorrow! :P We'll eat them after they've grown up and aren't cute anymore. :)
Oh. Well, in that case it's okay :) (I still couldn't do it......shoot, I can't even eat the eggs my friends give me from their chickens.....I'm a nutcase, I know :))
Old 05-25-2010, 06:47 AM

Oh. Well, in that case it's okay :) (I still couldn't do it......shoot, I can't even eat the eggs my friends give me from their chickens.....I'm a nutcase, I know :))
You should eat those eggs! They taste way better than store bought, are better for you (more nutrient dense) and they came from chickens that aren't kept in tiny cages 24/7.

I swear I'm not a member of PETA, I eat meat, I just like to know it was treated well before it became food. :)
Old 05-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
You should eat those eggs! They taste way better than store bought, are better for you (more nutrient dense) and they came from chickens that aren't kept in tiny cages 24/7.

I swear I'm not a member of PETA, I eat meat, I just like to know it was treated well before it became food. :)
LOL. I know. You're right. But I swear, my eggs just come from the store where they magically appeared in those styrofoam containers....just like meat magically appears in styrofoam trays wrapped in plastic ~ they were never ever anything before that :)
Old 05-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

LOL I understand both sides... Not sure I could eat anything after seeing how cute and tiny it is :shock: But well.. we do need to eat and at least this way you know exactly what you are eating :wink:

Reminds me of the time my Dad brought home ducks... had them in the back yard for a day ( we lived smack fab in the middle of the city !) next day they are gone :cry: Day after that someone brings over a pot of soup :shock: UUHH DAD NO WAY :hunf: LOL