Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Calling all Message Board Lurkers! >

Calling all Message Board Lurkers!

Calling all Message Board Lurkers!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:32 PM

Guilty! I just started quilting last fall, and have completed two quilts. Have been lurking here since about Christmas, but was not really ready to post anything. So you got me started. At the moment, we are in the middle of building a new house and trying to sell this one. So sewing has gone by the wayside for now. But by seeing all of the lovely quilts posted here, I can quilt vicariously for the next few months (and dream of all of the things I want to make in the future).
Old 06-21-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by woodland creature
Guilty! I just started quilting last fall, and have completed two quilts. Have been lurking here since about Christmas, but was not really ready to post anything. So you got me started. At the moment, we are in the middle of building a new house and trying to sell this one. So sewing has gone by the wayside for now. But by seeing all of the lovely quilts posted here, I can quilt vicariously for the next few months (and dream of all of the things I want to make in the future).
Would like to see your quilts, I am new to quilting since Nov o9, glad you joined in, Lace
Old 06-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

I joined in Dec. last year and have spent way to many hours on this site. I don't always comment, I have posted lots more than I should. Only lurked long enough to see what it was all about.
Now that I'm retired I only come on around 4 - 4:30.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:09 PM

I'm a lurker. Posted a few times when I was on vacation. Any question that I need answered there is something already posted. Love this site and all the great information. THANK YOU ALL!!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:11 PM

I am here reading all your comments....make a piece for a quilt, then back to the message board, make a piece for quilt....now you can "read" this is all I do! Way to much fun :) Thanks to all of you for your support....You are the greatest.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:18 PM

This is such an active site and I learn so much from all of you. There is such a talented group of people here that can answer every question. Thank you from all of us shy lurkers!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I lurked for well over 3 years and now you can't get me off of here.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:48 PM

It is wonderful to see all of you that have come out of Lurkdom. :D It took me along time to do so, but I did & I love it here. So many nice people. And a wealth of talent & information & help here! :thumbup: Not to mention the amt of inspiration. :wink: So happy to have you posting & hope to see more of you now.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:22 PM

Nan I was only a lurker for about two weeks after finding this board. After that I couldn't keep my big mouth shut on complimenting these amazing works of art!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:34 PM

Oh goodness, I didn't realize there's a "lurk protocol." I just jumped right in the first time I found you all. I still have "newbie" under my name and I've doled out advice, given opinions, and suggested ways to improve the site with an online mechanic--all in about 24 hours! I don't know.....maybe I'm too shy! Should I shut up and wait out my lurk time? (Go ahead, scream at me to be quiet, my family does it all the time.)