Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Get Together Near Edmonton, Alberta! >

Get Together Near Edmonton, Alberta!

Get Together Near Edmonton, Alberta!

Old 10-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Power Poster

So the evening of the 19th is fast approaching. Tuesday in fact. So anyone else I terraced in showing up please feel free to pm me for my address
Old 10-24-2010, 08:58 PM

Hi cutebuns, I was just browsing when I seen your get together ad. I am in Alberta and was wondering how your get together went. Were you able to get more than just the two of you. Even if not I bet you had a great time.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Power Poster

Where in Alberta?

She didn't show and I have not heard from her. I am guessing she forgot or something came up.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:30 PM

Innisfail Alberta so sorry she didn't show. I was supposed to go to a quilt retreat this past weekend but ended up with such a bad cough that I had to cancel. I really missed going as it is the only one I go to. Oh well always next year.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

I have never been to a quilt retreat, I keep thinking it sounds like a lot of fun but never get around to finding one to go to.

You are welcome to come up and retreat here if you would like, I am home most weekends. or weekdays for that matter depending when your free time is.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:56 PM

I'm in Alberta too, but all the way in the south in Lethbridge. I have a sister near Barrhead who also quilts, but she's not a member here.

Too bad your meet didn't go as planned.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:50 PM

That is so nice of you. I am sorry you would like to move. What don't you like about Alberta. Is your family not here. Have you only lived in Legal or in any other parts of Alberta. How long have you been there. Lots of questions eh I have only lived in Alberta and was in BC for 10 years before I married. I married an oil rig worker so moved a lot before we bought our farm so have stayed put for many a year now. We bought it in 1964 so haven't moved since 1967.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Power Poster

I have no family here. My parents and sisters and their families all live in bc. When we first moved here we were right in Edmonton and I was not really meant for city living. We were there for 11 years We moved out to the small acrage 3 years ago. Up until last year my husband was military so we went where we were told to. Though I was born in Ontario and moved to bc when I was 12. I am happier out here but still would prefer to be in BC closer to family.

I was born in 1968.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:38 PM

hey cutebuns you are younger than my youngest. He was born in 1963. My oldest was 2 1/2 when my 3rd was born. Was a busy time for awhile. but was glad when they grew up all at once. i was born in 1941 that makes me almost 70. Don't feel it in my head but the old bod lets me know sometimes. We live on a farm-ranch. We don't put in crop anymore but we raise purebred red angus cattle and we have about a dozen quarter horses and we put up hay and have pasture for our cattle. We have 3 kids, 7 grandkids and 5 1/2 great grandkids. keeps us pretty busy.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Power Poster

You think that you were busy. My mom had 5 girls in 6 1/2 years. We were teens all at the same time. I am the middle and there is the biggest gaps on either side of me. The family joke. Or one of them is that I am the neglected middle child. My mom told me if I had to ask there wasnt a lot of chance that I was neglected.

I havent been riding in so many years. I grew up with ponies and it is something that I regret sort if not doing with the kids. Of course they are not short activities. They are in a play. One made the school volleyball team. Biathlon cadets and band for all three. And it us sea cadets so they all sail as well. The oldest spent at least four weekends this fall as a volunteer sail instructor. Of course they are 13, 14 ( almost 15) and 16. Wow how time flies.