Epson salts?

Old 11-18-2010, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by mollymct
I also love epsom salts, especially lavendar, in the bath. Wonderful after for aches and sore muscles after a hard workout!! Someone mentioned Biofreeze and that is awesome after a massage. I need to find a source to buy from for home!
Check with a chiropractor, that's where I get mine from.Also have seen it at Medegap pharmacies.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:47 PM

Epsom salt has a gadrillion uses :D When my son was younger he ws highly allergic to poison ivy (and probably still is), I just soaked him in a bath of Epsom salts and it dried it right up!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Epsom salts are actually great for several uses. I give my son epsom salt baths. They can be very calming, especially for kids with ADD or autism. They also seem to help with moderate digestive issues. They also help draw toxins out of the body, including some heavy metals.

Here is a neat article that explains many uses for epsom salts:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/use...ful-ways.html#

You can also use them in the garden, too!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:04 PM

I THOUGHT I'd read you can use it on houseplants....so I put some on the tomato plant I had in my window sill --- within 3 days I didn't need to worry about watering it any more!!!!
----------------------------------------------------
I can't imagine what happened here, I've never had any problems with tomatoes and Epson salts. (Rarely have any inside though)
I usually toss a handful around in the dirt where I'll plant them and then some in the middle of the growing season. Usually too busy to bother at other times of the year. On some African Violets I put a pinch or so on them and water it in. They've several years old now. The Amaryllis grow wonderfully with it, and are looking good even now.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:28 PM

If you have a splinter or a boil put a bandaid with epsom salts dampened with milk on it overnight and it will draw out the poison. I have used them on acne bumps on my sons backs when they were teenagers. No more trips to the dermatologist.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:36 PM

I can remember my mom always having a box of Epsom salt around as I grew up, but I don't remember what she used it for.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:21 AM

I have used it to make scented bath salts....2 cups of Epsom salts, 3 Tablespoons of glycerin, something for scent (we did this with Kindergarteners so we used kitchen extracts...strawberry and vanilla were the favorites!); I think we used 2 tsp of extract per recipe and then some food coloring. Mix it all up and pour some under running water.....Divine bath!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:38 AM

I use Epson Salt to draw out infection when I get an ingrown toe nail. Works great!! Just soak my foot for 20 min in salt and fairly warm water.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:41 AM

I'm going to have to try this! I have been having ankle and foot pain for a week. Twenty some years ago I broke my ankle and have sprained it many times. I've been trying to stretch it and use medications, but nothing is working very well yet.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:17 AM

Magnesium is an over looked mineral by most of us.I have found the Slow Release Magnesium pills help my restless leg syndrome at night before going to sleep. I think magnesium is in the Dead Sea formulas too. You have seen photos of people soaking in the Dead Sea I'm sure .My grandmother's sister and husband had a hot springs hotel(1910-50) in Montana many years ago. They would bring people on stretchers off the train to soak in the waters.....must remember the living conditions of the time...lack of central heating could cause so many additional health problems.