Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
mini irons >

mini irons

mini irons

Old 12-20-2010, 08:12 AM

I have the Clover mini that accepts different tips bought with Joann coupon. Keep with Omnigrid ironing/cutting mat right next to my machine. Wouldn't be without them. I use it every time I need to press a seam or fold and only get out the big ironing board and iron when the project is done and I'm ready to iron the last wrinkles out with steam.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:14 AM

I use a pint mason jar to put my Clover in. Also, I read somewhere that you hd to turn them on several times before they would really reach high temp. Anyone else see/read this?
Old 12-20-2010, 08:26 AM

I have the old Clover one and use it for ironing down bias tape because I can see to line it up with my pattern marks. For everything else I go back to my big iron!

I keep it in a tall coffee mug laid sideways when I'm using it.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by eaglebeak1960
Oh my gosh I would not be with out my Clover Mini Iron!! I picked it up from Ebay with all attachments!! I LOVE IT!!! when piecing I use it constantly for the seams. You must be real carefull with it!! Man it gets hot!! mine have an adjustment for heat settings.

I would suggest if you are going to get one make sure you get the tray to put it in when setting it down.

I have the mini stand that just has a wire bale on it. It does tip over with just that little base.

Originally Posted by hlponyfarm
does anyone have those little mini irons with the attachments? supposed to be for quilters where you can really get into those seams. they are pretty pricey though and then the attachments are bought extra.
I put mine in a coffee cup, don't have to worry about it falling off the holder.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 AM

I like this discussion. I have the clover without attachments and lost the little holder thingy with the wire...didn't work all that well anyway, but, I wound up with a little scorch mark on the very edge of one of my blocks last night when the iron rolled against it. Now I see the tips for holding the iron like a coffee cup or can and so glad to know that it won't happen again. Thanks for the tips!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:33 AM

I love mine too. I keep it right to the right of my sewing machine and used an old mini cutting board that I covered. It doesn't take up hardly any room and it's so handy for pressing seams while I make blocks.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:43 AM

I have a miniature standard iron I like for blocks. Roomie got it for me last year for Christmas.it's smaller than the palm of my hand.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:45 AM

I have two mini irons--the Clover variety, and the one that actually looks like a minature iron. I've only used the Clover iron once, for sticking Hot Fix Crystals on. I tried it for paper piecing and for applique, but found I preferred my regular iron. The one that looks like a minature iron gets hot in the same proportion to its size. I could probably hold it in the palm of my hand and not get burned. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't purchase either . . . although it worked pretty well for those crystals.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:06 AM

Hi, I haven't seen Crafty Bear post anything recently. Does any know if she is okay or just too busy cause of the season?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by fivepaws
Hi, I haven't seen Crafty Bear post anything recently. Does any know if she is okay or just too busy cause of the season?
Just checked, she has been posting today.