Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need a great thread >

Need a great thread

Need a great thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:16 PM

Thanks, I think I will purchase some from Connecting Threads!

Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe
I just tried the Connecting Threads brand on a whim from all the recommendations I read here and I am shocked how much I LOVE it. I'm serious....I was shocked.I've been using a few of the Superior Brand threads and thought they were pretty decent. Now I'm finding I like the CT stuff even more than So Fine. Try it. It's cheap enough that even if you hate it, you won't be out all that much.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 PM

The least amount of lint in my machine seems to be with Presencia thread. They also have a neutral "warm gray" that I use for piecing just about everything.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:49 PM

If you want to try Aurifil, Tristan Threads has it all on clearance. Candace, from Elk Grove CA, of this board gave us the tip. I placed a good sized order, and it IS all it's cracked up to be. I just placed another order, b/c of the clearance price. In the single spools/cones, many of the "neutral" colors are gone, but there's a set of 6 "piecing colors" -warm neutrals- 6 1300m spools of 50 wt cotton mako for $26. It's grab bag 7H. www.tristan.bc.ca Maybe do a group order to save on shipping. I told them Candace referred me, hope she gets a coupon or something, b/c I think I got a lot of thread at a great price. I don't think I would have tried it otherwise, but I'm glad I did. It is MUCH less linty. Just me-but Gutermann gives off the most lint in my machine. Mettler is good. I also love Masterpiece by Superior Threads, but it's $7.50 for a 600 yd spool, very pricey, IMHO.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Power Poster

Metler, Guterman or Aurafil
My Janome seems to do well with Aurifil