Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 03-01-2016, 09:46 AM

Thank you all for posting pictures....they are all so inspiring. I have visitors coming this weekend, but once they are gone, I might try what AUQuilter did...move everything out except furniture and then clean, dust, etc. I vacuum after every project and sometimes after each step...yesterday, I vacuumed after I finished hand-binding 4 quilts. It seemed like I had bits of thread all over the house! So, that was my cleaning!

All the photos inspire me to try to keep surfaces clear. I am someone who needs stuff out in my line of vision. But, I'm striving to keep my cutting table clear of additional stuff. Do I REALLY need my paperweights out there on the table? But, they look so cute! ha! (maybe I should just rotate things out so only a few are out there at a time).

Again, thanks for the photos and inspiration!!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:52 AM

Hi AU Quilter: in your third picture, is that one large design wall or smaller quilt tops tacked to a regular wall? I am looking to make a design wall and am curious Thanks!
Old 03-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

I love your neatly organized space. That is my goal. I have started on it too.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:49 PM

your room looks great! Thanks for the pictures.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:25 PM

It is a 108" wide by 72" long piece of flannel. I used pushpins to hold at the top and the bottom is lose. When I got the fabric I used Stitch Witchery to make a hem at the top and bottom. So what is showing is half of the wall. Tomorrow when there is better lighting I will take a pic of the whole thing.
Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
Hi AU Quilter: in your third picture, is that one large design wall or smaller quilt tops tacked to a regular wall? I am looking to make a design wall and am curious Thanks!
Old 03-02-2016, 05:31 AM

I have two little walls and they are both full. how did that happen?
Old 03-02-2016, 12:09 PM

I am going to resort to bribery...of myself. There's a pattern I've been wanting to get so that will be my reward when I get the sewing space more 'presentable'. It's a PDF download so I'll have instant gratification as a bonus reward! Okay, thank you, everyone, now I'm more motivated!
Old 03-02-2016, 01:36 PM

I hope cleaning off the dinningroom table counts because that's what I'm going to go do right now.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:02 PM

Default Flannel Design Wall

Here is a view of the entire flannel piece on wall described in post above #295.
Attached Thumbnails design-wall.jpg  
Old 03-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

Nice flannel wall, AU....

I finally got some sewing space cleaning over the weekend. I paired 5 UFO's with batting, binding, and backing, then noted what needed to be done with the tops...one was finished; another finishing the border, and since I had run out of fabric I put it aside. I sewed Broken Dishes cornerstones and then had enough border fabric; a third needed two borders sewn on and almost done with that. The other two are in rows and need to sew them together, but the 3b's are ready for those tops. While rummaging around, I found the tiny flying geese units I thought got tossed in the garbage...now I can work on a mini I have planned..still more organizing to do, but it's coming