Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Thusnelda
I'm from a small College town in Northern California that was left back in the 60's and 70's. free love, hippies, [eace signs, herbs, and saving the earth are big here and lots of our fabric is made locally with natural dyes. onion skin, flowers, herbs, and teas. all should be bleed safe if taken care of but..... the next town over has JoAnnes fabrics that could be washed and dried without too much thought. opinions?
I'd vote for the local fabric. Way more interesting.

Edited to ask why the "quote" function is not working?
I believe it was a synatx error at the beginning of the message.
"
[quote=Thusnelda][quote]"
Old 08-30-2011, 06:36 AM

1-Contact Carsey for postage info.
2-Yes, you may create your own FQs.
3-Although the manufacturers may be the same, there are prints created for specific areas of the world.

With that said, you don't have to locate a print specific to your area (although it is fun). Simply send something that reflects your personality or one that you would love to share.

Thank you for joining.

j.

Originally Posted by Thusnelda
I only just came across this thread. I might be interested, but have a few questions, though. I have to admit, I didn't read through all twenty pages, so please forgive me, if I ask something which has already been asked.

1. Return postage: I wouldn't know if it's possible for me to buy American postage stamps here in Switzerland. I'll have to enquire about that and would need your estimate on how much postage is needed.

2. Fat quarters: Could I cut these myself from fabric? That would mean, that they might have no selvage. But I'd make sure to cut them the right size.

3. International fabric: Problem with quilt shop fabric is, that we get all the same brands you do, so don't get excited in your expectations.

I'll look into this and might join you. There's still plenty of time, as I see it.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by thrums
Ooohhhh......I myself love the personal touch of hand-dyed! As long as the FQs are labeled it should be fine.

Thoughts from anyone else?

Originally Posted by lil'snailquilts
okay, I can't stand it anymore. I must sign up (pm to follow). A big thank you to Carsey and Thrums. Carsey, you may need to get a storage shed or move one of the kids out... snicker. when you get a bunch we must see a picture of you buried in fabric lol. I'm from a small College town in Northern California that was left back in the 60's and 70's. free love, hippies, [eace signs, herbs, and saving the earth are big here and lots of our fabric is made locally with natural dyes. onion skin, flowers, herbs, and teas. all should be bleed safe if taken care of but..... the next town over has JoAnnes fabrics that could be washed and dried without too much thought. opinions?
Sounds great to me, I'm sure there beautiful..
Old 08-30-2011, 11:46 AM

I am being asked about postage from other countries. I admit I have no idea what it will cost or how much trouble it will be.

So…… I guess the best way would be to send me the postage to my PayPal account. When you go to the postal service to send your package, ask them how much it will cost to have the same package returned to you from Florida, USA. Once they give you that amount, you can post it to my PayPal account. Everyone can get a PayPal account. It is pretty easy. Just log into PayPal. Sign up for new account. Personal and create. For anyone who has a problem with PayPal, you can pm me and we will work it out.

Since it will not be returned to you until January, if the totals are different when the time comes to mail them back to you, I can refund any amount that was not used and you can send in the difference if it happens to be more than when you sent them.

PLEASE, if there are any questions pm me!!!! I will try to post a pm to everyone in other countries later on in case they don't see this post.

Blessings!
Carole
Old 08-30-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
I am so excited!! Thrums you have been a busy person!! I am so excited to see where everyone is from and thinking about where some of the fabric is from! How cool!! I have always wanted to go to Australia! Now I may get a small piece of it without the extra expense!!! LOL
I finished my trip around the world QB style last night. I even found a quilter in Anarctica!
thrums:

I LOVE YA!!!!!! You are the BEST!!!!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 08-30-2011, 12:06 PM

Very excited about hand dyes - especially natural ones!!!! I remember as a camp counselor teaching the kids to dye fabrics with beet juice. Bring them on!!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 12:14 PM

I don't know if I posted this, or just sent Carsey a PM. I live reasonably close to an importer of african fabrics and I willbe sending in FQs from some of his fabric. I've picked from blues right now, but will be going back to get some more. Unless there is a request for "native prints", in which case I'll send some that look more ethnocentric.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:24 PM

I would love to receive all kinds of fq's, hand dyed, native to our area, any kind is great!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty1
I would love to receive all kinds of fq's, hand dyed, native to our area, any kind is great!
I agree 100%, F4's of all kinds would be awesome!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 PM

:oops: Aw shucks it was nothing.

;-)

Originally Posted by Carsey
Originally Posted by KGoodhand
I am so excited!! Thrums you have been a busy person!! I am so excited to see where everyone is from and thinking about where some of the fabric is from! How cool!! I have always wanted to go to Australia! Now I may get a small piece of it without the extra expense!!! LOL
I finished my trip around the world QB style last night. I even found a quilter in Anarctica!
thrums:

I LOVE YA!!!!!! You are the BEST!!!!

Blessings!
Carole