Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February 2010 Doll Quilt Swap >

February 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

February 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 02-10-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug

jljack.......I am so excited to hear that you are, as far as you are with my little quilt!! :D I can't wait to see it. Today, I finished the top of yours. Now all I need to do is put it together, quilt & bind it. I hope to finish it this coming week. I also hope you like this one!! Can't wait!!
:D :D :D
Sula Sula!!! I have the whole top done now...should get the quilting done over the weekend, and in the mail on Tuesday next week...So Happy!!!! Got it finished mid-month instead of days late!! I think you'll like this one....untraditional Valentine!!! ;) ;) :D
Old 02-10-2010, 04:29 PM

Joyce, I just received your quilt in the mail and it is beautiful!!!! I also love the little bookmark! Thank you so much!!! Thank you for everything!!!! *huggles*
Old 02-10-2010, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Joyce, I just received your quilt in the mail and it is beautiful!!!! I also love the little bookmark! Thank you so much!!! Thank you for everything!!!! *huggles*
Awww, you're so welcome!! :D
Old 02-10-2010, 04:47 PM

Your little quilt is on the way today Terri.. Sure hope you like it and I am so looking forward to receiving yours....
Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Awww, you're so welcome!! :D
I sent yours yesterday!!! I hope you like it!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:56 PM

Oh, I'm sure I'm gonna love my quilt!!! Can't wait to get it!! :D :D
Old 02-11-2010, 06:07 AM

Janstar your quilt is on the way!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:41 PM

I knew I shouldnt have joined this swap :(. I have been working so hard on my little quilt...everything is going wrong. I put a flange in(never did it before) it must have slipped in a couple bplaces and I didnt notice...I took the borders off THREE times because they were wavy. Finally got it square, made the sammich, started quilting it and in the final round, machine acting up and making the back of the quilt look awful :(....keeps messing up on the decorative stitching...I still have to bind it but I feel bad and think maybe I should start over with a new idea. I am not a very good quilter and I dont want my partner to say"Never joining another swap if I could get her again) :(

SIGH not sure what to do ...send bad quilt and then try to make another one later i guess. It took me long enough to figure out what I wanted to do, find a combo of fabrics I was satisified with and now messy quilt. I am soooo sorry.

Margie
Old 02-11-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Margie
I knew I shouldnt have joined this swap :(. I have been working so hard on my little quilt...everything is going wrong. I put a flange in(never did it before) it must have slipped in a couple bplaces and I didnt notice...I took the borders off THREE times because they were wavy. Finally got it square, made the sammich, started quilting it and in the final round, machine acting up and making the back of the quilt look awful :(....keeps messing up on the decorative stitching...I still have to bind it but I feel bad and think maybe I should start over with a new idea. I am not a very good quilter and I dont want my partner to say"Never joining another swap if I could get her again) :(

SIGH not sure what to do ...send bad quilt and then try to make another one later i guess. It took me long enough to figure out what I wanted to do, find a combo of fabrics I was satisified with and now messy quilt. I am soooo sorry.

Margie
I hand sewn mine... and I had a hard time with the binding (first quilt) I just used buttons to "tie it off". I washed it and i think it shrunk a little... and I think two spots may have came up from under the binding... but I'm not sure... so don't worry too much!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Margie

Margie
Margie Margie!! Gonna give you my pep talk!!! We aren;t in this swap for a perfect quilt. The love you make it with and getting something you touched and worked on is what is important. I am sure you are being too hard on yourself. Relax and make it what ever it wants to be. No sweat! We don't care if it has booboos. We all have them. I have torn the same spot out 3 times and after that it is what it is! So I hope you can relax and enjoy the process. Don't let it get you down!

The recipients of these quilts love every single inch of each quilt! It is one of a kind made by you so it is special!!