Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA >
  • CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

• CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

Old 08-30-2010, 08:44 AM

Wish I knew how to use my machine. I am a visual person so trying to find someone in my area to show me how to use a sewing machine that I have had for 3 yrs that quilts and embroiders not to mention my Serger I purchased 6 months ago still not used. I am basically a painter and just learning how to make quilts. Mostly Log Cabin so far and a couple of Rag Quilts.
    Old 08-30-2010, 11:02 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by marygrether
    that sounds like a great idea, can it include crochet/knitting/ and other crafts?
    OH yes anything we can do for Christmas gifts and ideas
    Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 AM

I have done something on this order in past years. When my darling daughters moved out they were constantly calling and asking how I made a certain dish. So, walah, I came up with the idea of putting together a personalized recipe book for each one of them. I did this for a couple years. I also added an inspiring little note in the front to let them know how much they meant to me and how they had impacted my life by having them. They still have them. I may add one to their collection this year. It is so easy to make nice front covers with the computer. You guys are all so great. I am writing down a lot of your ideas. If I don't use them this Christmas, I'm sure I'll use them sometime! Thanks to all and to all a good night. Happy Stitchin
    Originally Posted by leaha
    one of my most treasured gifts was a bundel of 3X5 recipe cards filled out with MBFs fav recipes. I can just picture her sitting in her easy chair night after night hand writing out all those recipes. one of the recipes is for her pepper jelly. (She was a hair dresser and gave each of her clients one jar each of (green) pepper jelly and a (red) jar of pomagranet (sp)jelly.) the cost in $ was so low, but they are priceless to me. She also added some blank cards for me to fill with my recipes.
    A gift my MIL gave her son, was a note book with his fav, recipes so when he was on his own he could cook up his fav dishs. She wrote out step by step, directions for him.
    Today we can do it all up on the puter, print them out and put them in a note book in page protectors..( then each page can be removed from the note book and used, holding it on fridge with magnet, so handy, and will not get soiled.
    Wal-mart has white note books for about a $1, each you can make out cover pages on your puter to print out, and slip in the cover on front and back.
    I made several note book recipe "books" for my mother, all her pie recipes in one, meat dishs,main course in another, ect. ect. and any loose recipes can be slipped in the page protectors. so make sure you add extra page portectors.
    A low cost idea, for both men and women, but with lots of thought.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Old 08-30-2010, 11:46 AM

Where did you get your pattern for the punch needle stockings? Thanks, LOL in Christ, Happy Stitchin
    Originally Posted by Sue Fish
    Originally Posted by adrianlee
    Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
    Originally Posted by grandma Janice
    This year I am cross stitching some nice somewhat simple pictures. Just will need to get them framed. I also have been giving them all home made orniments. some quilted, some cross stitched. they all seem to expect something I made.
    That's how my family is with Christmas Ornaments. I've been making them since my kids were small. Now...I'm running out of ideas. Every year I say I'm gonna stop making them but then I just can't....LOL It's to hard to stop a tradition. So...if anybody has any ornament idea's I'm listening/reading.

Thank you,
    Mish :0)
    Do you crochet, Mish? I belong to a crochet snowflake group and you can really build a nice variety of snowflakes.
    Have you tried punch needle embroidery? I love it and you can make wonderful ornaments with it..here are some I have done...
    Old 08-30-2010, 11:57 AM

This is a great Idea...I am making table runners and place mats for alot of my family, some get quilts.
    Old 08-30-2010, 01:12 PM

Do you have the pattern for these? If not, where can I find it? Thanks.
    Originally Posted by deedum
    Finally able to post! Now that I have my internet up and running here is a pic of my coffee mug organizer. I hope to make these for Christmas for my sewing buddies!
    Old 08-30-2010, 01:26 PM

I have an 0ld Dover book of Christmas ornaments- really just small quilt blocks. Try your library!
    Old 08-30-2010, 01:27 PM

Also, do you have the old Sandra Loosebury Foose Scrapsaver's Sewing Book? Great patterns!
    Old 08-30-2010, 06:49 PM

Thank you JoannB for posting the pattern.
    Old 08-30-2010, 07:32 PM

Last Christmas I made CD holders that go over the sun visor in the car for the men, pillowcases for the kids, and table runners for the women. Evreyone was thrilled!