Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-04-2011, 05:59 AM

MJ, Hooray for your increased loss! I'm on myfitnesspal also, but I didn't get on there until recently, so the lbs loss that site shows is not the actual pounds I've lost, it's less. I love that site! I love how that figure the calories, carbs, fats and all for you. Keep up the good work. You inspire me! Sandy
Old 03-04-2011, 06:04 AM

Sandy,
It let me go backwards and put my original weight, just not the original date. Clear as mud?

I wanted a clear reminder of where I started. (Of course, my doctors office has that, also.) :shock:
Old 03-04-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by Leann
Tru,
I have a different take on your question/answer.

Moving you to the front burner is moving you up in priority. Having you on a low simmer?? Sounds like "heat" and chemistry are building, but not combustible yet.

This doesn't necessarily mean that his other priorities were other "dates", it could mean that personal relationships were on the back burner and work was on the front burner.
MJ, do you have a psychology degree? Wow, what analogy!

tee hee
LeAnn-
As a matter of fact I do, 2 of them. BA in Psych, MDiv with emphasis in Family Counseling. Why?
BECAUSE IT SHOWS! ! ! ! You gave an entirely fresh perspective. I never had a 'shrink' for a friend before. How cool!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:35 AM

Sandy,
It let me go backwards and put my original weight, just not the original date. Clear as mud?

I wanted a clear reminder of where I started. (Of course, my doctors office has that, also.) :shock:
I feel like a dope. I went to check out myfitnesspal.com only to learn that I joined July 13, 2009.

Sandy, you and MJ are gonna have to let me add you as buddies on the site.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Donna you might want to change what you tell yourself about soda. Speaking for myself, If I say I won't drink Pepsi anymore I absolutely crave it. If I tell myself I just won't have it right now, I don't miss it.

To make a long story longer, when I was in my 20's I was drinking AT LEAST one carton of Pepsi a day. At that time it was the 6 packs of 16 oz bottles. In addition I was not eating much. Most days I would have a pack or two of those cheese and peanut butter crackers. (5'7" and 105 lbs yikes) Needless to say it didn't go well. I ruined my stomach, doctor put me on an ulcer diet. I was on that diet for 3 months, and lost about 10 pounds. I went through hell with the shakes and headaches and the whole nine yards, that went away after about a week. But, I craved Pepsi every minute of every day for three months because I knew I couldn't have it. The food I didn't really care about since I wasn't really eating anyway. To this day, 30 years later, I still have to be careful about what I eat. But, I know I can have a Pepsi anytime I want. So I don't even think about it some days.

Oh and I have never been able to tolerate diet drinks of any kind, so I always drink the regular.
Lauriejo, you are so right. It begins in the mind and the way you speak to it. I do this over most areas of my life - not my nutrition so much. I don't believe any food should be labeled forbidden - as you said, not now.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:43 AM

Did you see my total poundage changed? This is such a cool thingie under my name. It really has helped me to focus, cuz I know ya'll are watching the numbers, too.

I wasn't brave enough to use the graph with my real weight.
Congratulations on the weight loss...
I like the graphic... I have one on SparkPeople but can't find it :( so I'm going to copy you and put one on here :D
It looks like I haven't lost but I really have....I have gone from 155 Jan 2010 to 147 today... ok... I have yo yo'd between 145 - 147 for the past three months but I am still below the 150 mark :D... next goal is 140. I can do it if I get off my butt and exercise daily...either stretches or walking
Old 03-04-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by trupeach1
OK Carol I don't get it what do you mean he is watching his pot? Am I that stupid?
OK Tru, the answer to your first question. He's waiting and seeing if it is worth prusuing. He's still looking at his options. He's not ready to commit.

Now, do you really want me to answer your second question? :)
CarolJ is correct, Tru. Be careful, lady.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:06 AM

Yeah, I got my beginning weight added so now my clicker shows my real weight loss. Thanks MJ.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I'm gonna have to do the fitnesspal thing too as soon as I get a chance to breathe.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:21 AM

Sandy, you and MJ are gonna have to let me add you as buddies on the site.
OK.... I cked out myfitnesspal.... signed up.. how do I get my graph to show up here, and add ppl to my buddy list..?

Been cruising their recipe forum.... now i'm hungry... sigh

I hear a carrot calling my name.... ( ok.. it' not a carrot.. but thats what I"m trying to convince myself it is)