Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-05-2012, 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=And I like black licorice, too, but I don't think I put it on my information list.[/QUOTE]

GAG!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:05 PM

Well to my surprise, I received my SP package today.. Mercy there was a lot of goodies in there. Thank you so much Sara (RedGarnet). I especially LOVE the pins, I use them a lot - and bunches of Ft Qtrs..can always use them. I have a Fern stand that the little mat fits perfectly on. Everything is really special. Thanks soooo much. This has been the first SP swap and it's been fun.

Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]333042[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sp-gifts-sara-redgarnet-.jpg  
Old 05-05-2012, 03:33 PM

What a beautiful package,Jean.

Robyn, I was just thinking of you yesterday, sorry to hear you are in the hospital, sending you prayers and positive thoughts.

Regarding licorice, I love it too, black, red of what have you, I'll eat it all. Come to think of it, there is not any candy that I don't like

Dear Pal: I went shopping for you today Guess what I got you? Some thread. Didn't you want some? Don't panic though, I bought more than thread, how about some green fabric? Or red? Or purple? Ok one of these fabrics is mine, lol. But I did buy you some. I can't find any item that features what you collect, so I am making you a pin cushion that has it...hope you like it. Will be getting you some candy tomorrow or Monday and then in the mail it goes...are you working today?

Old 05-05-2012, 03:38 PM

I have my SP package all taped and addressed and ready to head out to ------, not sure when I will get to the PO, but will let you know when I do, or I may Clic-n-ship... Lets see am trying to remember where it was you lived... one 0 or maybe two in the zip... Have a good weekend...
Old 05-05-2012, 03:50 PM

Dear Pal: I went shopping for you today Guess what I got you? Some thread. Didn't you want some? Don't panic though, I bought more than thread, how about some green fabric? Or red? Or purple? Ok one of these fabrics is mine, lol. But I did buy you some. I can't find any item that features what you collect, so I am making you a pin cushion that has it...hope you like it. Will be getting you some candy tomorrow or Monday and then in the mail it goes...are you working today?

Candi

Welcome back,missed your hints and putting the hints together for all of us.. so you went shopping for material I did too... Maybe it was a piece of that one you bought for yourself...

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Old 05-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

Jean you got a swap already?? Wow and what a cute mat.love the fabrics,what is the green thing with the ribbon around it?
Old 05-05-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by candi View Post
..... Regarding licorice, I love it too, black, red of what have you, I'll eat it all. ...

i like licorice also, black, red but i didnt like the purple one. i like the pull aparts better than the twists. why is everyone hating on licorice? i just don't understand.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i like licorice also, black, red but i didnt like the purple one. i like the pull aparts better than the twists. why is everyone hating on licorice? i just don't understand.
I LOATHE BLACK licorice, BUT I LOVE strawberry twizzlers. Black licorice tastes like tar to me, yuck!
Old 05-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

TOMM I'm with you love black licorice.I eat it often in the summer. I get headaches from the heat.An old Indian friend told me licorice will help. I asked my doctor and he said he read that before too,but didn't know if it has been scintifically tested to work. He said it couldn't hurt if I don't eat the sugar one.And most of the time it does help.Just something I thought was fascinating. Mary
Old 05-05-2012, 04:54 PM

I too love strawberry twizzlers, or any other flavor of licorice, except black licorice, icky......