Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-04-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
Hi all. I'm going to be ............50 this March. I'm tired of saying , I will do it this year , I will do it before I'm 50. I lost about 45 pounds almost two years ago and now it's back. Must have been my conditioner ! The last couple of days have been good. I can't kick the diet coke. Will make me crazy . :twisted: I did cut a few out :twisted: for water. I will be working the next three days , so I will see how that goes. Sometimes a wee bit stressful there. :twisted:
Missy, what kind of surgury are you having and what is your diet pre - op ? My daughter had gastric bypass 15 months ago. So I know alittle about the road you are on , if in fact you are doing bypass.
I am having the lap band. I am on a full liquid diet using the Optifast program. I have to be on this diet until I have surgery (even if I have to postpone the surgery). My liver was enlarged and so I need this time to shrink the liver in addition to losing the 30 pounds.

I am nervous though because last night I ate a bit of chicken (baked not fried) and so I feel like I have ruined everything and won't be allowed to have the surgery. *sigh* Oh well. What can I do know? I cannot un-eat it. Blech.

Missy
Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by purplemem
Tru,
I have a different take on your question/answer.

Moving you to the front burner is moving you up in priority. Having you on a low simmer?? Sounds like "heat" and chemistry are building, but not combustible yet.

This doesn't necessarily mean that his other priorities were other "dates", it could mean that personal relationships were on the back burner and work was on the front burner.
this answer sounds good to me. maybe I will be needing a black lace nighty soon........NOT......I need the license I AM NOT A HUSSY!!!!!!! LOL

But I will still take other opinions if anyone has them.
Tru... you are definitely NOT a hussy BUT you do not have to be a hussy to wear black lace nighties. I wear mine to Wal-mart all the time. *snort* Just kidding. I only wear it to put gas in the car! HAHA!

Missy
Old 03-04-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I have another hour. I understand the difference between sad and depressed. I tend toward depression. And nights like tonight, where I am so tired that tomorrow I will be dysfunctional because I didn't rest properly tonight.

Did you see my total poundage changed? This is such a cool thingie under my name. It really has helped me to focus, cuz I know ya'll are watching the numbers, too.

I wasn't brave enough to use the graph with my real weight.
How did you do that weight thingy????? I love it
Old 03-04-2011, 09:00 AM

[/quote]lace nighties. I wear mine to Wal-mart all the time. *snort* Just kidding. I only wear it to put gas in the car! HAHA!

Missy[/quote]

* Mt Dew spewing from nose....... ROFLMAO........I have GOT to go back to all those emails I get showing "Walmart ppl" and see if I can find u Missy!!!!!!

Dont beat ur self up over a little chicken.... so u fell off the liquid wagon...... get back on ur water bottle and keep going , u can do this!!! your almost there!!!!
Your doing GRRRRREAT!!!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Banned

bluteddi..........i am sure it was a ham sandwich calling your name not a carrot. By the way what is your name?????

missy it is good to see you here today. i like that.......a black nighty to the gas station now why didn't i think of that? it must be a GREAT way to pick up guys!!!!!! however i like wearing a tee shirt and thong with flip flops.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 AM

[quote=trupeach1]bluteddi..........i am sure it was a ham sandwich calling your name not a carrot. By the way what is your name?????[quote]

my name???? it used to be MUD ( thats what I always told my kids when we had to fill out all the paperwork for school.....) but now I think it is HAM SANDWHICH!!! ( great,, now I DO hear a ham sandwhich calling my name)

*beating head on desk* (I ONLY ate half.... and it was ALL I'd had to eat ALL DAY long!!!! I figured I needed the nutrition!)

*sigh*..... I'm never going to live this down , am I?

oh back to the name.... u can't say it and u couldn't spell it ,a nd u certainly could not remember my real name.....but I go by "dee"
Old 03-04-2011, 09:09 AM

oh and BTW!!!!??

I've been dying to know..... ( was waiting until I knew u better... hehehehehe) WHY are u running after Missy and WHY does she have a turtle in her mouth?????

inquiring minds what to know.... oh heck.. who am I kidding... this BLONDE , nosey mind wants to know!!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
Sandy, you and MJ are gonna have to let me add you as buddies on the site.
OK.... I cked out myfitnesspal.... signed up.. how do I get my graph to show up here, and add ppl to my buddy list..?

Been cruising their recipe forum.... now i'm hungry... sigh

I hear a carrot calling my name.... ( ok.. it' not a carrot.. but thats what I"m trying to convince myself it is)
If you signed up on myfitnesspal.com, look for the option to make a ticker, then the option to post it elsewhere. Scroll down to where it has the information you need to put the ticker elsewhere. Copy it, come to QB, go to edit profile, scroll down to signature space and paste the information you copied from myfitnesspal regarding your ticker.

I was going to add my ticker but if I add it, it will show up on every single post I make on QB and I dont want that. So, I have decided not to add it. Good luck doing this. Sandy
Old 03-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluteddi
oh and BTW!!!!??

I've been dying to know..... ( was waiting until I knew u better... hehehehehe) WHY are u running after Missy and WHY does she have a turtle in her mouth?????

inquiring minds what to know.... oh heck.. who am I kidding... this BLONDE , nosey mind wants to know!!
sending you a PM
Old 03-04-2011, 09:38 AM

I've changed my mind. I'm adding my ticker on here. It will help me, seeing my ticker on here, and so what if it shows up on all my posts. It marks success for me and I am proud of this success. So, my ticker WILL be added after all. Sandy