Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Red/White/Blue Swap - Signup Closes June 30, 2011 >

Red/White/Blue Swap - Signup Closes June 30, 2011

Red/White/Blue Swap - Signup Closes June 30, 2011

Old 06-06-2011, 11:58 AM

Hi everyone!! I am sorry that I have not been on the board for a week. I had to go out of town to stay with my Brother who has lung cancer and I couldn't get to a computer. Everyone’s blocks are beautiful!! Thanks to everyone for picking up my slack and answering questions. I think I have added all of the new swappers that pm'd me. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

As far as duplicate blocks...... We have plenty of swappers and I will do my very best to make sure that no one gets duplicates. We all, at some time or another, have run out of a particular fabric so don't worry about it not being exact. There are no fabric and seams police here. :lol: We all started quilting at some time and had to learn. Everyone one this board is helpful and encouraging.

The great thing about these swaps is the people that you meet!!!! They really have become my quilting family and I love them all!!!

Just a quick update: Here are the blocks that I have received so far:

Anglars, LeslieFrost, Greatest Grammy, Nana Karhy55, Julie1, ljptexas, RedGarnett222, Quilt PD, ssnare, dotcomdtcm

Blessings!!

Carole
Old 06-06-2011, 12:27 PM

Hi Carole, So sorry to hear about your brother !!!Prayers being sent his way and your way.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

Yes carole,
SO sorry to hear of your brothers bad health. What a dear sister you are to go and help care for him. I know how hard that is. So draining.

I pray all is well with him for now. Bless your hearts!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:47 PM

So sorry about your brother :( Will keep him in our prayers.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by hooked
I have my blocks done going to post office to get mailing envelopes. Here they are.
Love your blocks. Hope I get a flag, you did a great job.

And Carsey so sorry to hear about your brother's illness. My father had lung cancer many years ago but they have made great strides in the medical field since then. I'll keep him in my prayers that all will go well.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:31 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and especially your prayers!! He had 1/3 of his right lung removed because of a large mass, and when he woke up from surgery, he had very little feeling from the waist down. He could not sit up, hold himself up or stand. Come to find out, he had a spinal stroke during surgery. Very rare but it happens. He has been in a wheelchair for the last 3 years and now, the cancer has returned. The Doctors told him in December that he had probably a year left. We are praying that GOD will heal him, but he is in control.

The strange thing about the spinal strokes being rare..... One of our deacons from church had open heart surgery. He also had a spinal stroke and is now in a wheelchair with no control from the waist down. Rare?? What are the odds that I would know 2 people that have different surgeries and in completely different cities have spinal strokes?

Like I said, I love my quilting sisters (and brothers)!!!! Thanks again for your kind words and prayers!!

Blessings!!

Carole
Old 06-07-2011, 11:50 AM
cjr

Carsey,
Sorry to hear about your brother. You are fortunate that you could spend time with him.

Hip hip horay! 12 blocks finished and ready to go to post office today or tomorrow morning.

Can I request the flag asnd Red Cross heart. I know lots in swap, but those are my favorites so far.

No photo yet, I'm playing catch up today.

By the way while I was doing swap blocks, I did more for my quilt to make it a better size.

Can't wait to work everyones blocks into my quilt.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:08 PM

It's official, I'm in! I did the Perpetual Motion & Carrie Nation blocks. If there's enough, I would like one of the Red Cross Hearts too. :thumbup:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 PM

Have one set done (Sawtooth Star) and 1/2 of second set. Can't post pictures since I loaned my dd my camera and it came back w/o the battery. (!!! How do you even DO that?) So sending the link to the second block, called Crossroads 2, so you can at least see what I am making. Hope to finish this week and get them in the mail. Everyone's blocks look so cool that I am so excited!
http://www.quilterscache.com/C/Crossroads2Block.html
Old 06-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Hi Hawk,
Once you take a picture of your block and it is in your pictures on your computer, you just hit the reply button after someone has posted on the thread, then the add attachments button and then your pictures on your computer will come up. Then you check the pic you want uploaded and hit the button to choose it, then hit the send button. Don't preview it!! It gets lost in cyberspace!

In the pictures section on the board there is a tutorial thread you can read. It is titled how to post pictures at the top of all of the members posts.

Oh by the way ... Make sure you use a scant quarter inch seam with the quilter's cache blocks or you will come up short on the size. Ask me how I know this.... No, don't please.

I love the block you chose by the way!