Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 01-20-2011, 02:41 AM

I would if I hadn't already went for September! Bird houses since spring may be coming upon us soon... I hope! Would light houses be permissable!? Oh IDK...I'm sure something with the Valentine theme would be better. OK, I'm shuttin up
!!HA!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:09 AM

I am new here and you guys are keeping me busier than I already am! I too want to do both BOMs. I got started on a church last night, after practicing on the test square suggested on the Quilters Cache site. How much fun! It is a little tricky at first and I had to start one piece over, but I like the precision it requires.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
@@@@@ I NEED YOUR HELP LADIES @@@@@

Hello Everyone,
We have an opening for someone to pick the House BOM, for February!! :D So if anyone is interested in choosing, please send me a PM & I will get back to you. Thank you all again for the wonderful blocks that have already been made for January. What a success it has been so far. I know you can hardly wait for the February block to come out!!
:D :D :D :D
Did someone step up and take February for us????
Old 01-20-2011, 05:57 PM

I had the same question.....I looked for like candy houses or houses with hearts and couldn't find one. I did find a really simple house that could be decorated alot. Just let us know :D

Originally Posted by Laura F
Originally Posted by SulaBug
@@@@@ I NEED YOUR HELP LADIES @@@@@

Hello Everyone,
We have an opening for someone to pick the House BOM, for February!! :D So if anyone is interested in choosing, please send me a PM & I will get back to you. Thank you all again for the wonderful blocks that have already been made for January. What a success it has been so far. I know you can hardly wait for the February block to come out!!
:D :D :D :D
Did someone step up and take February for us????
Old 01-20-2011, 07:52 PM
mim

I like the idea of bird houses -- could be a house, a nest, a hole in a tree with a bird on a branch --- Bird houses are funky things -- I have a lobster buoy made into a bird house -- a chickadee nested in it last year

Mim
Old 01-20-2011, 08:27 PM

He-he-he.....Bird houses are already coming ;)

Originally Posted by mim
I like the idea of bird houses -- could be a house, a nest, a hole in a tree with a bird on a branch --- Bird houses are funky things -- I have a lobster buoy made into a bird house -- a chickadee nested in it last year

Mim
Old 01-20-2011, 08:45 PM

I like the idea of just one thread with conversation and Pics,I am having a heck of a time keeping up with two.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
He-he-he.....Bird houses are already coming ;)

Originally Posted by mim

Mim
I can't wait to see if someone stepped up for February. I found a very cute farm house that I offered up if needed. The only thing is it's pp and we just had a pp block. I wouldn't mind another one, I loved doing them.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:56 PM

Hi Everyone,
Yes, someone has stepped forward & signed up for February's House BOM choice. I want to thank everyone who has volunteered to help out & I will keep you in mind if we need more help, as the year progress's. The February BOM will be post on the 1st of February, so keep your eye out for it then. In the mean time keep making those lovely Church blocks.
Sew Happy,
Sulabug
:D :D :D
Old 01-21-2011, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
I am so impressed with the embellishing people are doing on their blocks. Why do I not think of those things?
I know it! It is all pretty cool! I love seeing the different materials used--same pattern but they all look different. I am going to add embellishments to mine too. I think a cross and a tree or bush or both!