Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST >

July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST

July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST

Old 07-16-2013, 06:03 PM

The pincushion is darling. (So is the bad puppy!) I don't knit, but I have friends who do. Is this the pattern for the knitted pincushion? http://www.gallentine.org/Knitting/PinCushion.html
I crochet so think I might be able to "translate" the pattern to a crochet one if this is the pattern.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
Auntie Gail and Sis does this sound like someone you know????? Sure sounds like someone I know...
Hummm yea Sis it does sound like you!!!! I mean someone we both know. love ya , lil sis
Old 07-16-2013, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
I LOVE that fabric...That's what I need in my I spy for me, nessie!
That fabric has been very popular, lol, so I've just ordered some more
Old 07-17-2013, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
I will not be able to drive because of the eye disease that I have ...I only have 10 degrees in one eye in 15 degrees in the other. I could do a field of vision test but there, is some stuff that would change...and if I did pass the test at somepoint I would have to stop driving again and go through all of that emotion again of losing driving priviages. So I will not be driving again
Listen with a driver as cute as the one in your avatar...I wouldn't mind not driving! I am so happy for you that your vision is so much improved. Take care.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
The pincushion is darling. (So is the bad puppy!) I don't knit, but I have friends who do. Is this the pattern for the knitted pincushion? http://www.gallentine.org/Knitting/PinCushion.html
I crochet so think I might be able to "translate" the pattern to a crochet one if this is the pattern.
That pincushion sure looks like the one Starshine sent me. I was so excited to get it as I get stuck all the time with pins in my pin box.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
listen with a driver as cute as the one in your avatar...i wouldn't mind not driving! I am so happy for you that your vision is so much improved. Take care.
sooo true he is a cutie.so glad the surgery went well for you though,all kidding aside. Hugs mary
Old 07-17-2013, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Thank You Jeanne (billiejean) for the wonderful swap. As you can see I received many very nice items. two of my favorites are the moda fabrics with bag pattern and the purse book. I can always use more safty pins and glass head pins. also she sent brow shavers which she said make great seam rippers. whatever made her think I ever need a seam ripper.LOL. The purse book shows lots of purses from the 1920's-1950's. looks like a great book.As you can see there are lots of different items. I'm one happy swapper. Thanks again Jeanne,hugs Mary
Old 07-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

I can't seem to post pictures all of a sudden. I'll keep trying.Nothing has changed on my computer or programs I use to reduce size,but it just isn't loading. The pictures are jpeg format. If anyone knows some help please post it. thanks Mary
Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 AM

My gift was from Knitette. The fabric will make a beautiful wall hanger. The phamphlets were on the history of Scotland's Castle Trails. Very interesting. The owl was also made my Knitette. Too pretty to use, I hung it in my sewing room as a reminder that I can do applique if I really really tried. She did a beautiful job. This was a beautiful gift package.Hope to master posting by next month. Thanks to Teresa for coaching me.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
Listen with a driver as cute as the one in your avatar...I wouldn't mind not driving! I am so happy for you that your vision is so much improved. Take care.
Thanks Sharon...that cute driver is taking me to Sturgis again this year...after all of the craziness that has been going on around here...with graduation parties (for myself and my son), baby shower...catering a party this weekend...family eunion next weekend...then another baby shower....and then off to Sturgis to spend it with family as well as hubby working this is a nice vacation for us!