Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please adopt me! >

Please adopt me!

Please adopt me!

Old 03-26-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
put them in a box and write tampons and pads on it, he'll never know cause he'll never bother to look. 8-)
:thumbup:
Old 03-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Kas

Well, from what I have seen of movers, they will pack a full ashtray without emptying it! Unless he throws it out himself, the movers will pack it up! So don't worry, Sweetie! LOL
Old 03-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by IrishNY
I will be happy to adopt you but we have to live at your place -we'll just send your DH on his way and then stay. I am not going to offer to have you move to upstate NY when you have a place in ITALY!!!

Other than that small change, the adoption can proceed as scheduled. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oh I love this answer!! Two of my boys studied in Italy and never wanted to return to the states!! :thumbup:
Old 03-26-2011, 10:31 AM

Thank you for your inventive solutions to the problem of where to hide the stash during removal LOL.
Thank you to all those who offered to "adopt" me and my fabric. I would really really love to tour around the country meeting you all and quilting together. It would be heaven.
Pippa
Old 03-26-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by pippa
This morning I had all the scraps on the table for sorting by colour. DH looks at the mess and says "You can't take it all with you when we move, you know"
Reply "If not, I'm not coming either."

So I am looking for someone to adopt me and give me a home with all my stash. In exchange I can offer cleaning, cooking (I make a mean lasagna) or baby sitting. Please? I can't live without my fabrics!

Pippa
Ok Pippa, Tell me were to send the ticket and steam truck for your stash.
You cook and sew all you want and the best part of the deal there are no babies here. Just me and the dog and two sew rooms. One for you the other for me.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
Originally Posted by mimom
put them in a box and write tampons and pads on it, he'll never know cause he'll never bother to look. 8-)
:thumbup:
Good one, that will teach him
Old 03-26-2011, 10:42 AM

LOL
Old 03-26-2011, 11:30 AM

Only for the time of moving, put them in those plastic bags you take all the air out of with your vacuum. This will reduce them considerably. Just take them out when you get to your new home. You could also stuff them in pillows.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:35 AM

LMAO!!...awesome!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
I will be happy to adopt you but we have to live at your place -we'll just send your DH on his way and then stay. I am not going to offer to have you move to upstate NY when you have a place in ITALY!!!

Other than that small change, the adoption can proceed as scheduled. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am sooo glad someone else noticed Pippa lives in ITALY!! I say we all go live with her! Especially if she's going to do the cooking and cleaning.

My other favorite replys were marking the boxes pads and tampons. That was too funny. Also the movers packing the stash. She is so right. My mom has told us many times growing up of the time they moved from Okinawia to Washington and she didn't think about emptying the trash can and the movers packed it trash and all!! Yuck. So, what's an extra box or 10 for the movers to pack.

Good luck with your move.