Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Method of whittling down your UFO's >

Method of whittling down your UFO's

Method of whittling down your UFO's

Old 04-01-2011, 04:10 AM

I must be the weird one here, I can't wait to get them in my little Singer to quilt. I love the driving and the texture that quilting the quilt gives to me. I like the quilting part better than the piecing part. Must be because I can have a glass of wine and start driving. I have to have my husband come in and tell me to come to bed because I would stay there all night. Anyway, that is my thought.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:42 AM

If only I can get the 3 pieces together it might be easier to do the rest.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:43 AM

I don't even try to count the UFO's anymore :lol: . I am trying to get some of them finished and have actually completed a few but there are always others to take their place...I'm a procrastinator from way back..besides there are so many ideas running through my head and new things I want to try. I have tops done but a LAQ is definitely not in my budget these days so they will stay on the back burner. Nowadays, I am quilting block by block and joining them with Sharon Pederson's Reversible Quilt method. And it's working for me!! It also helps that this way, I am using up smaller pieces of batting and fabric that I just couldn't bring myself to throw away. But it's a given......my kids inheritance will definitely include UFO's and WIP's :lol: :lol: .
Old 04-01-2011, 05:03 AM

I love getting the quilt finished.To me the most exciting part is when the quilt is quilted and trimed, just before the binding is added. But I have a LAM so I don't have any excuse for having unfinished quilts. :roll:
Old 04-01-2011, 05:07 AM

I finally took a FMQ class and I have been practicing. I have at least 10 quilt tops that need to be quilted. I have the batting a backs for 5 of them. My goal this year is to get at least one done per month. But I just can't stop myself from starting new projects. I have at least 4 quilt projects in the works so my sewing room is always a mess.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:13 AM

I love piecing.I have at least 15 to be quilted.I quilt but I have to be in the zone and feel good.with fibro I seldom feel good enough to quilt-but when I do I try to do at 2 or 3 of them.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:37 AM

No, I love to hand quilt so I eagerly look forward to sandwiching the quilt together so I can hand quilt.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:02 AM

Im sure glad to read that Im not the only one who would rather piece the top than quilt it! I have 2 full size unfinished and had so many "ideas" of ones I want to make but I forced myself to close my machine, hide my material and finish the 3 twin size quilts I am making for my three 6 year old grandkids! Got the H quilt done, working on the one for Hailee and have the 3rd pieced but still need to hand quilt the 2 BEFORE Christmas...I keep staring at my machine, forcing myself to NOT open it back up..its like an addiction! :)
Old 04-01-2011, 06:04 AM

I make lots of tops and them quilt them as needed. Finished quilts take up a lot of space (good excuse) so make tops and hang them til needed.
Brenda
Old 04-01-2011, 06:09 AM

I am so at home in this crowd! FORTUNATELY, I belong to a wonderful Project Linus group and there are located my counterparts who can't wait to get their hands on tops to quilt! We meet once a month and sometimes spend the morning layering pieced top donations to be picked up by our "quilting fool" sisters! This has really helped my situation AND is using up my stash. I have five pieced tops to take in this month. Goodbye UFO's. . . well, mostly!