anybody watching Nascar?

Old 05-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac
Originally Posted by kdid82
Nascar is the only sport I'm interested in, Carl Edwards is my driver.
Yeah, me too! My DH likes Tony and Jr., but I usually root for Carl. Love those backflips!!!!
My husband is a Kennesth fan, but I have been a Tony fan since his first year in cup. I have pics of my grand daughter in a #20 outfit that I sent to him and he signed it and used the pic on his fan page for a couple weeks, it was pretty cool. then when he went to the #14 I sent pics of the youngest grand daughter dressed in a #14 suit and he signed them and sent them back to me. This will be my third year at Eldora for the prelude. It is an awesome event for a fantastic cause. I voluntered at victory Junction Gang camp for 2 summers. I loved it!! Got to meet The King, Clint Bowyer, Jimmie Johnson and his wife and Kyle and Patti Petty and Tony.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:11 PM
gus

Jr, but was not home
Old 05-08-2011, 05:21 PM

Watch it all the time with my hubby......Tony is my guy!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:55 PM

I love NASCAR. I've been to Richmond, Pocono's, and Lowes Motor Speedway. My favorite place is probably Lowes. But Pocono's has the worst parking lot to try to get into and out of. Big, but it's a two lane road, one lane going each direction. Takes forever to get out.

Favorite driver? Carl Edwards, man's got class.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by clynns
I love NASCAR. I've been to Richmond, Pocono's, and Lowes Motor Speedway. My favorite place is probably Lowes. But Pocono's has the worst parking lot to try to get into and out of. Big, but it's a two lane road, one lane going each direction. Takes forever to get out.

Favorite driver? Carl Edwards, man's got class.
We like Bristol. Talk about LOUD!!!! But, you can see the whole race, no matter where you sit.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:40 PM

Love Tony. Hate Keselowski, Wish I could have seen it today and yesterday. Yesterday had a church thing and missed it and today had hubbys nephew - 7 years old, who already thinks he is entitled - to everything he wants. Very demanding. Insisted that he have TWO Zhu-Zhu pets, two happy meals, cokes, cookies and money. He got a roast beef and some milk and two cookies.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by BARES
Love Tony. Hate Keselowski, Wish I could have seen it today and yesterday. Yesterday had a church thing and missed it and today had hubbys nephew - 7 years old, who already thinks he is entitled - to everything he wants. Very demanding. Insisted that he have TWO Zhu-Zhu pets, two happy meals, cokes, cookies and money. He got a roast beef and some milk and two cookies.
Good for you for not giving in. I hate it when parents give in to their kids all the time and turn them into not nice little individuals and then we as aunts, uncles, sister, brothers, grandparents..etc have to deal with it. I have one grandson who thinks he is in line with King Tut when he comes to my house and he will sit on the sofa and bark orders to everyone including my hubby and I, NOT!!! He even snapped his fingers at me one time!!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by ksea
Originally Posted by BARES
Good for you for not giving in. I hate it when parents give in to their kids all the time and turn them into not nice little individuals and then we as aunts, uncles, sister, brothers, grandparents..etc have to deal with it. I have one grandson who thinks he is in line with King Tut when he comes to my house and he will sit on the sofa and bark orders to everyone including my hubby and I, NOT!!! He even snapped his fingers at me one time!!
LOL I know it's not funny, but I can just see a little kid thinking he is so powerful that he is snapping his fingers. Hubby's brother died 3 years ago, but still needs to have structure and direction. You hang in there, he will be glad for the structure someday.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:27 PM

I like Dale jr and Tony Stewart, Dale is from NC and is only about an hour drive from here. Was BIG fan of his father.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:00 PM

I like Jimmie Johnson. you can bet if there is a race on my hubby is watching it.