Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • YOUR quilting "style" >
  • YOUR quilting "style"

• YOUR quilting "style"

Old 06-22-2011, 08:58 PM

I love scrappy quilts. However, I am working on a lap quilt right now and using 8 inch squares of two different fabrics. Since it is going together so quickly, I may make some more for Christmas gifts. It all depends on how it turns out after I quilt it on my sewing machine. LOL I've only made two quilts in my life but have 3 or 4 tops started.

This board inspires me to work on unfinished projects. I love looking at all the quilting "styles" used by all of you.
    Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 PM

I am very much a traditionalist - and if I can find something with applique or anything suitable to do by hand then that is what I go for - don't tend to change patterns much as all the ones I want to do just love them as they are
    Old 06-22-2011, 10:16 PM

I am definitely a very, very traditional quilter and dedicated to the Welsh and North Country wholecloth quilts from Britain. I love to use the traditional patterns (sometimes I also use my own designs) and to keep a tradition alive.
    Old 06-23-2011, 02:42 AM

I do both and at the present am working on a chicken scratch quilt which requires a lot of hand embroidery. The challenge will be how to quilt it.
    Old 06-23-2011, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
    Originally Posted by cjtinkle
    I like a bit of everything. I would have called myself a traditionalist, but that seems to be changing lately. I'm in the mood for wild! Could be a symptom of menopause? Hehe
    Or maybe you're just crazy?

:P :lol:
    Isn't menopause and crazy the same thing...DH says it is!LOL.
    Old 06-23-2011, 03:02 AM

I like both. Right now I am in to trying new things that won't take forever to do. I have a fast paced crazy job and find that I get bored very easily. So, I strip piece or use fast patterns. But, I am going to try some new things in the next several weeks. I am on VACATION!!!!
    Old 06-23-2011, 03:23 AM

Hmm, haven't really thought about it. I have been quilting only 5 or 6 years, but have only been able to devote a lot of time to it in the last year or so. I generally stick with the larger blocks and beginner or intermediate patterns. I find lots of small pieces tedious, so even though I like traditional pieced quilts they're not for me. I do a block of the month for small pieced quilts. That's about all I can handle of that. Love the look of pieced & applique together, but haven't tried it yet.
    Old 06-23-2011, 03:28 AM

I like applique, crayon quilts, and combination of applique and block patterns. I just like to do something different!
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 AM

I like traditional and some of the Material Obsession and Kaffe Fasset style. I think that these can be made to look old also. I like to use reproduction type fabrics, batiks and some more modern fabrics to spice it up. I guess I like traditional with a twist. Rich yet mellow is more soothing to me. Since I have been sewing since childhood I get very bored if the quilt is not a little challenging. The process of designing and putting it together is fun versus speed cutting and putting the pedal to the metal which is work to me. I used to work in a small sewing factory.
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:03 AM

I'm new to quilting. I seem to love everything and want to try it all. I guess I haven't found "my style" yet.