NOW What Do I Do??? *sob*

Old 07-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Banned

Do what I did in same situation except was thru church. We now meet in my home every Thursday evening from 6 to 9 or 6:30 to 8:30 if we're busy.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 AM

These are all great suggestions. You Tube has some good tutorials. Joining a guild really helped me. The guild I belong to also has smaller groups that meet and I joined one of them. Just don't give up!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 AM

I am teaching myself, reading the board looking at photo's, searching the internet, looking at the quilting on you tube, there's a lot info at there to help you! Good Luck!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:20 AM

Some quilt shops have sit and stitch. You meet others who will help answer questions. Get free fabric by asking on Craigslist. Mention you make items for charity. I give to a group through Craigslist. They make baby clothes for their mission group that outside USA. Obtain low cost fabric reading Craigslist offers, check out freecycle, garage sales. Sr. center may have a quilting group or allow you gals to begin one there. Spread the word to everyone you know that fabric would be appreciated. Accept anything not just cotton then give away what you don't want.
I am self taught-internet, you tube, and books. Local church may have a quilting group. Check their website or call. Almost always you do not have to be a church member to participate. Good luck. Where there is a will there is a way.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:57 AM

That's awful. But the internet is a wonderful thing if you find you can't get together anymore. Youtube is awesome- I taught myself how to knit by watching Youtube videos. Also, there are several quilting/sewing tutorials all over youtube and the internet.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:25 AM

Just read the first page but It seams to me this is the time you all need to pull together and keep the grp. together..... It would keep the other's from depression setting in....
The working one's could have them to their homes and maybe other's could pick up other member's..
I pray you keep the grp. together.......
Old 07-20-2011, 11:48 AM

I am so sorry about your group. But you Always have US and the internet to learn new things from :lol:
Old 07-20-2011, 11:52 AM

Why can't you ladies get together at a local library, or alternate houses? Or does one of you live in a neighborhood with a community center/rec hall you could use? I don't see why you need to stop quilting together, just because you won't be working together anymore!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:26 AM

Check out your County Extension Office. Mine has an very active quilt guild filled with all kinds of knowledge. If yours doesn't have an active one, check adjacent counties, as you don't have to live in the county to join in the fun.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:33 AM

Stick to it. I taught myself and have learned soooo much from this group. You can do anything when you set your mind to it. A group of two is still a group. Good luck.