Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need a sewing table >
  • Need a sewing table

• Need a sewing table

Old 10-11-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
    I have this table and have been really happy with it!

Check Walmart & walmart.com, sometimes it is on there cheaper.
    I have this table also from Wal-mart a few years back for $99.00. It's a solid sturdy table.
    Old 10-11-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by acesgame
    Do you have room for this?http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20116071/
    I also like the Jonas desk. It has the slide out piece that is just enough lower that when you put your machine on it it would be the correct height. You could also just use it as the ironing station when working on blocks. No storage in it but you can buy matching file drawers or just use the plastic ones under the desk. Then have hubby install open shelves above for other storage. If you have little children, the higher the storage the more likely it is to be where you put it. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10103677/
    I'm not sure but I'm going to measure it out tomorrow. I found the brown-black version for sale on my local craigslist tonight. If it'll fit it would be great. If not, I think I'm going with the cabinet! Thank you all for the advice!
    Old 10-11-2011, 09:44 PM

Check your Goodwill, Thrift Store, Fela Market and Craig's list for used furniture. You should be able to find a good table, desk or sewing cabinet below $40.00. Take your machine measurements in case you find a sewig cabinet as not all machines will fit in all cabinets.
    Old 10-11-2011, 11:03 PM

Check your local CLs. From time to time folks post items either free or very cheap. You may be able to pick up a desk that way.
    Old 10-12-2011, 02:47 AM

Check out yard sales and Craig's list You can get very inexpensive desks, sewing tables or kitchen tables. I bought a very nice farm type kitchen table for 20.00, it's already in the sewing room.
    Old 10-12-2011, 02:53 AM

I recently bought a neat table from Ikea. It looks like a drafting table, but has a small glass panel on one side- light source for PP? It has saw horse type legs to go with it, with pegs to adjust the height---so I can change heights for cutting or sewing. So it can work well in limited space. It comes in 3 pieces---tabletop, and 2 legs, easy to take down if I need to, or to move it elsewhere. I can do this myself, so don't have to wait for someone else to be around to help. $179.00 including tax. Well made! It comes in white, or birch. I had been looking for quite a while, and am so pleased!
    Old 10-12-2011, 02:58 AM

if you frequent yard sales you may find one. check with lowes or home depot and find a discontinued counter top. Or if you keep a check on craig list you may find a used counter top. with the counter top you could just add legs. If you can (yard sales or advertised for one) find a used drafting table is really neat for limit space. you can adjust height, tilt and then fold up when finished.
    Old 10-12-2011, 02:59 AM
    Power Poster

I have a SewEzi table, machine is set down so level with table surface, and it will fold up to take to workshops (has two little wheels to pull along in it's carry bag (supplied). If you have more than one machine, you can buy more acrylic insets too.

I think the link is http://www.sewezi.com/
    Old 10-12-2011, 03:04 AM

Check Craig's List too.
    Old 10-12-2011, 03:10 AM

You must have been peeking in my craft room - exactly what I have. A hollow core door atop of two 2-drawer file cabinets.