Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Springtime Block Swap~~~Sign Ups Close Feb. 15, 2012 >

Springtime Block Swap~~~Sign Ups Close Feb. 15, 2012

Springtime Block Swap~~~Sign Ups Close Feb. 15, 2012

Old 12-06-2011, 06:33 PM

quote "Sign up deadline is Feb. 15, 2012. Please sign up when your blocks are ready to mail. "Mail to me" deadline is Feb. 28, 2012. This means blocks in my hands!" quote

OK so I have a question... if we want to do this do we sign now to let you know we want to participate or once we have blocks made and ready to mail...THEN we sign up??? I'm so confused! but I stay that way.

I think I want to be a part of this, just need to understand on the blocks...pieced, applique, embroidery??
Old 12-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Power Poster

hhhmmmm embroidery-I will have to look on my machine and see what I have , I know I have one good size rose , but it is fully opened so not really Spring as they haven't bloomed yet.....
Old 12-06-2011, 10:16 PM

Thank you rwquilts I got it saved so I can find it
Old 12-07-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
quote "Sign up deadline is Feb. 15, 2012. Please sign up when your blocks are ready to mail. "Mail to me" deadline is Feb. 28, 2012. This means blocks in my hands!" quote

OK so I have a question... if we want to do this do we sign now to let you know we want to participate or once we have blocks made and ready to mail...THEN we sign up??? I'm so confused! but I stay that way.

I think I want to be a part of this, just need to understand on the blocks...pieced, applique, embroidery??
I can try to help you here...

It's best to have your blocks finished to sign up "for real" although you can PM the info to Mariposa. This way there is an accurate count of how many swappers and sets of blocks there are.

It's really neat to have everyone post pictures of the blocks they are working on while they are doing them so everyone can see what's going on. It helps others have creative ideas too.

The blocks can be pieced, appliqued or embroidered...your choice. Since this isn't a "funky" swap, I would presume they are more realistic looking and not goofy. Some people love just pieced block (I love them ), appliqued (ooo I love them too ) or embroidered (yep, count me in there too). It's nice to have a variety of the methods in each swap. Some people request no embellishments like buttons so there aren't problems quilting later on.

I prefer (my preference only) to make all the blocks within a set the same. This way, more people have the chance to get one of your special blocks, where if you make them all different then "yours" are harder to spot in a quilt when they are on "show and tell". It's also easier (again to me) to make them alike.

Hope this helps clear up some of your confusion.

Be sure your "UNFINISHED" blocks are the correct size...this is so important and often overlooked. If you are unsure of the proper "UNFINISHED" sizes, please ask the hostess before you finish them.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:32 PM

Count me in,I love spring and flowers.

Cuppy
Old 12-07-2011, 08:32 PM

count me in, haven't done one of these in years!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

Glad to have you join in, cuppy & Maggie!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:25 PM

I'm interested in joining. But, I will get started on my blocks first before I commit. I will keep an eye on the deadline.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:38 PM

I will join sounds like fun...
Old 12-11-2011, 09:28 PM

Default question

Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
Springtime speaks of new beginnings~flowers emerging from the ground, baby animals everywhere!, an Easter sunrise, new buds on the trees......

Swap blocks will be in sets of 6. All 6 blocks will be swapped, so make an extra for yourself, if desired.
Limit of 4 sets (24 blocks) per swapper.

Blocks can be any size divisible by 3", plus seam allowances. Smallest is 3.5"x3.5".
Limit of 1 set of 3.5" blocks to keep things fair.

Plain fabrics (just cut) will not count toward your block sets. They are a nice extra, if you wish to share.

This swap is open to all experience levels.

Please check blocks before sending to ensure the following:
*Use 100% pre-washed cotton fabrics.
*Seam allowances should be 1/4". Blocks to be constructed to survive machine washing and drying.
*Measure carefully to ensure blocks are a correct size.
*All applique blocks MUST have all pieces sewn down in some manner.

Please understand that I will have no choice but to return blocks that are not a right size, or not constructed to survive machine washing and drying, etc.

Your blocks should be mailed to me in a ziploc baggie inside an envelope. Please make sure you put a label on each individual block with your real name and your board name.

You need to include postage stamps only (or cash) for a Flat Rate Priority envelope for me to send your return blocks back to you. This makes my part much easier! Please do not send any pre-printed labels-the post office doesn't like them, as they are dated.
Please send me a PM with any questions or concerns.

Sign up deadline is Feb. 15, 2012. Please sign up when your blocks are ready to mail. "Mail to me" deadline is Feb. 28, 2012. This means blocks in my hands!
I will swap and mail return blocks by Mar. 1, 2012.

All general rules for swaps are here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm.

Please join us! Let's chat, share pics and have fun along the way!!
Hi, a silly question this is a sample quilt block I have embroired, 6.6 will this be accetable for the swap or should I add some more peices to it? Maggie
Attached Thumbnails butterfly.jpg