Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Identify Quilt and Locate Pattern >

Identify Quilt and Locate Pattern

Identify Quilt and Locate Pattern

Old 01-29-2012, 10:37 AM

Very important work your friend's guild is taking on, tell them "Thanks"
Old 01-29-2012, 11:52 AM

I checked my list of magazines...this one was donated to another group..last year. Glad you have someone sending the pattern. I just tried to buy it...they don't take paypal...and I didn't want to use my credit card....let me know if you still need it...I will give in and order it..lol.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:58 AM

Hugggggs all, I just wanted to respond and let you all know that this unit has put out a request for help in getting the 400 quilts they need by lateish in February. They have posted on QOV site that they need help. I am making a quilt to send to Kansas to help them meet their need.
It would be great if others of you could also. They will accept tops only if you have that, and they will do the batting and quilting. I know they would appreciate any help we board members can offer! Here is the item I saw and the link if you can help.
Need for Quilts of Valor in Kansas for returning unit
I just read on this link I follow about a major need for help with quilts for a unit that is returning next month that has suffered major losses and trauma during it's tour of duty overseas. You can read the details here at this link: http://www.qovf.org/content/qovs-nee...y-vickers.html
Old 01-29-2012, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
I don't have the pattern, but had to congratulate you on the wonderful job you are doing for the returning troops. 400 quilts is an amazing number of quilts to make, but I'm sure that you and your group will be able to do this. As the wife of a Viet Nam veteran, I wish there had been more recognition when the soldiers came home. They just put them on a plane and they either went back to their base or were discharged. God bless you and your group for doing this.
I do think about this a lot. We have to remember we were living in different times. We can almost say a "panic state." This was the first war that was televised. We saw a lot of things we could only imagine before this. World War ll was bad, but this one was staring us in the face. There is no excuse for our citizens showing a lack of appreciation to our returning soldiers. Thank God, we have learned by this poor experience and are trying to make a turnaround. In our area, there have been many occasions on which our Vietnam vets have been honored as well as our fallen Vietnam heroes.

It's not too late to thank our vets when we have the opportunity.

This is a beautiful pattern. I like the character of the one sent in at the opening of this thread better than the one on the magazine. Love the fabric. God bless America.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:29 PM

Default Find pattern

Originally Posted by timpson View Post
I am researching for a friend who needs assistance in locating the name and pattern of this quilt. Thanks!

"Help! I need to find the pattern for this quilt quick!!! Obviously, I used to have it because I made this one, but somehow, I've lost it. It's an older Fons & Porter pattern. We're trying to make 400 quilts for returning troops at Ft. Riley, KS and I like this pattern because it goes together very quickly, yet looks really good. Does anybody have this pattern?"

Thank you!
I would suggest you send a picture to Fon/Porter and see if they could tell you what pattern it is.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 PM

The pattern was located at: http://www.shopfonsandporter.com/pro...quilt-pattern/. I also received the JPEGs in an e-mail so this thread can be closed. Thank you all so much! BTW, does anyone know if I can attach JPEGs to my replies to make this pattern available? or is that not encouraged?

Last edited by timpson; 01-29-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: did not finish rambling thoughts!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Hey, Neighbor I live in Wolfforth.
GREAT! Am remodeling my house by myself, so am trying to squeeze in my quilting/sewing in between jobs. Alas! I am laboring more now than when I was working fulltime at TTU! Are you familiar with any of the two quilting clubs in Lubbock? Tried contacting them but no response yet, so I'm kinda on my own....which may be good at this point cuz I don't enjoy being told what to do! lol
Old 01-29-2012, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by margecam52 View Post
Hi
I'm in Littlefield, have family in Anton... The flag shouldn't be hard to replicate. Did you look for this on webshots? I've seen it in a magazine, not long ago...Fons n Porter I think... I can do up a pattern for you, if needed...in the mean time I'll see if I can't find the magazine.
We lived south of town up on the hill going towards Reese AFB. We moved to Wolfforth in 1964 when my daddy lost the ranch. :-( But the good Lord brought us through and we established homestead in Wolfforth. I, too, have some cousins and old high school friends living in Anton. We sometimes go visit that little town...and don't worry about the pattern as I now have the link to purchase at Fons & Porter. Also, just received the JPEGS. Thank you so much for all your support. God Bless!

Last edited by timpson; 01-29-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:56 PM

Smile Stars & Stripes Quilt Instructions to Print

Again, I want to thank all of you for your support on the quest to find this elusive pattern! Also, here is the Fons & Porter link to purchase this pattern: http://www.shopfonsandporter.com/pro...quilt-pattern/

Thank You! Thank You! Our military deserves all the love and support we can provide them at this point in their lives. God Bless!
Attached Thumbnails stars-stripes.jpg   stars-stripes-1.jpg   stars-stripes-3.jpg  
Old 01-29-2012, 06:40 PM

I have a few of the older F&P mags...will take alook...okay you found it...great..