Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Getting acquainted and sharing photos of fur babies >

Getting acquainted and sharing photos of fur babies

Getting acquainted and sharing photos of fur babies

Old 08-05-2013, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
Edy, love your story about your Bridget, so sorry you lost your husband. I suggested our Bridget's name to my husband because the beautiful young woman who lost her husband - my husband now has the wonderful young man's heart - her name was Bridget. Our Bridge, a beautiful yellow lab, is as gentle and even tempered as the young woman Bridget. It's almost like God put some of the human Bridget's soul in our Bridget. She's the best fur baby out of our 5.
I love your thinking - you and I are of the same cloth! We called her Bridge too. If you google PudelPointer, you will see what she looked like - a beautiful full blooded PudelPointer, but not accepted by the AKC. She was considered of the Continental breed which we could have shown her in Canada, Europe. But, hey, she was our S.H. Bridget and our love.

Then comes Bess - a mutt from the word go. She would have been a fantastic hunter. She could point on two legs (swear it) and when it came to little white moths, we could have lived like kings. She would stalk, stop and point perfect - just like a German Short Haired Pointer and then she'd go in for the kill. First time, was the funniest. She got the moth. She looked at us really weird, opened her mouth and the darned moth flew out. She had the funniest look on a dog's face that you could imagine. By this time, my husband and his injured back could pheasant hunt anymore and so Bess just became our walking and petting and loving companion. She's not laying on her back anymore right now. She is staring at me here at the computer desk. Dorky little dog and I still love her to pieces. Maybe not tomorrow though. I always say that too. Edie