Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
FQs at Tuesday Morning >

FQs at Tuesday Morning

FQs at Tuesday Morning

Old 10-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

Shocked me when I found them there. If you have a Big Lots, check them out as well.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:34 PM

Tuesday Morning!! I've never heard of such a place. You all know what I'm doing now!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:44 PM

Okay Tuesday Morning have closed their online business, but I see there are quite a few stores in the Phoenix area. I have never been. thanks for posting.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:46 AM

Visiting my Daughter in Rochester, NY, and there are 3 TM's here, now I have to go and check them out! Thanks all...
ps saw where some said there were flaws and seconds...there ad here says all first quality and no seconds...um...hope that is true!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
I stop by frequently. I found two Westminster FQ bundles of 29 fabrics each at about half the price I see them for on the internet. I've also found rulers, scissors, seam rippers, etc. Recently I purchased a whole bolt of batting for $90. It's one of those stores you just have to keep checking to see what they have.
WOW ... sounds like you found the TM Mother Lode store ! ... ours around here never have finds like those ...
I shop at 3-4 on my side of Houston, but I've never seen batting or FQ bundles bigger than 5-6, and usually older fabrics. Ours will have some scissors, odd pins, maybe a ruler or 2, occasionally an older quilting book but that's about it ... wonder why there's such a difference between stores ??
Old 10-09-2013, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by MaureenT View Post
Visiting my Daughter in Rochester, NY, and there are 3 TM's here, now I have to go and check them out! Thanks all...
ps saw where some said there were flaws and seconds...there ad here says all first quality and no seconds...um...hope that is true!
Don't believe everything you read....
Old 10-09-2013, 07:36 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by TexasGurl View Post
WOW ... sounds like you found the TM Mother Lode store ! ... ours around here never have finds like those ...
I shop at 3-4 on my side of Houston, but I've never seen batting or FQ bundles bigger than 5-6, and usually older fabrics. Ours will have some scissors, odd pins, maybe a ruler or 2, occasionally an older quilting book but that's about it ... wonder why there's such a difference between stores ??
at one of the TM reasonably close I have found more quilting related stuff than the other store has ever had. I asked an assistant manager--the explanation is what has "sold best or been more asked for" at a store is what they request be sent to their store. So ask when you go in if they will get more quilting stuff. I have bought sissors, FQ bundles (nice fabric and they were coordinated bundles) nice Fons and Porter pins, rulers, etc. The best "score" was a Singer sewing machine---it was about $175 off--yes it was not the most recent model, but it did have lock stitch, speed control, drop in bobbin, thread cutter and plenty of fancy stitches(and has real metal "innards"). And it did not weight so much that you needed a mover to get it to classes, etc. I bought one for my daughter's birthday and when we played with it, I liked it so much I bought one for myself! That way I can leave my really good machine at home and not worry about damage to it while traveling. Since there was month between the time I bought each machine I was hoping the 2nd one would be marked down even more. I was told they have a policy where if it's been on the shelf over a certain lenght of time they will drop the price a certain amount, with the longer left on the shelf, the bigger the drop of price--and ususally will move it to a clearance section. Of course with FQ and supplies they tend not to last very long--so you have to keep checking fairly often.