Penzey's Spices

Old 01-05-2014, 03:29 PM

I, too Love Penzy's Spices . . . Lovetheir Greek Seasonings (I buy it by the envelop now!) as well as Foxpoint . . . of course, I also have many, many, many others (Balti, etc.) that I use all the time. Excellent flavors/seasoning!!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
Another good brand is Watkins....been around for a long time. What a difference from grocery store brands. Go easy on the black pepper.....these specialty spices may be expensive, but find that a little goes a long way due to freshness, I guess. My grandmother sold Watkins in the early 1900's....before women were "allowed" to work...she is the one, along with my Mom, who started me on Watkins. My mother is 91 and is still buying from them.
Oh my goodness! I didn't know Watkins was still around! My Dad sold Watkins in the 30s when he and mom first were married. I even have an ancient Watkins tin of Petro-Carbo salve in my 'memory cupboard.' Does anyone know what it is?
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM

My husband uses Petro Carbo salve all the time. He has a condition on his hands where his skin thickens and in the winter, it cracks badly. He uses the salve on the areas where it cracks. We usually buy it from amazon or ebay.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:23 AM

Just placed an order! Loved the look of some of the recipes, I can't wait to try them.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:14 AM

Penzeys is wonderful. I used to stock up every year when I visited Pittsburgh but now we have one at our mall.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:27 AM

Love Penzy's. Their Vietnamese cinnamon is the very best. I also love their French Tarragon. We usually go to Houston, to the Heights store. at least every 2 years and stock up.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:32 AM

I have not heard of these spices, but seeing how I love to cook, I must try. Thanks for the clue.....
Old 01-06-2014, 10:18 AM

I, too, love Penzy's spices and have gotten my daughters hooked on them, too. Living in WI and being able to visit more than one store in around my area, I was surprised to hear how many stores there were!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
I love Fox Point the best. Use it on anything and everything. When Mom passed away this past summer I took her Penzeys. Boy did she have some strange things.....Florida (seasoned pepper), Sate, Sunny Paris, Herbes de Provence, Tuscan Sunset and Bicentennial Rub (a Colonial Seasoning). They are fun. We have a Penzeys about a mile from where we (it is so hard to say I when I have said we for 53 years). And yes, they are much better than Durkee's. Edie
I know what you mean...55 years for us.
I have ordered from Penzeys a long time, love their products.
They feature lots of customer recipes in each catalog now.
No store anywhere near us...wish there was.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:16 AM

Ditto here in Columbus Ohio we have a store here. You can go in and taste any of the blends. No fillers great and I buy small jars so I can go back . Love going in there. Wonderful help staff.