Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Supreme Slider >
  • Supreme Slider

• Supreme Slider

Old 09-03-2014, 05:54 AM

I loved mine-I bought it abut 12 yrs ago. I had tried FMQ off & on for years, just couldn't get it but when I got the Supreme Slider it allowed my brain & hands & movement click into place, all of a sucdden I was zooming around with FMQ. I used it for several months, and yes sewed thru it a few times, eventually it was ruined & I was going to buy another, then discovered I no longer needed it. My brain/hand coordination had made the connection and I've been FMQ ever since and having fun. I do credit the Supreme Slider, without it I don't think I ever would have been able to FMQ, I've never had much skill with hand coordination, drawing, painting etc, but the Slider was the tool I needed. Love it and heartily recommend it. For those who can FMQ without it, I'm glad, but for those of us with less coordination it is a miracle.
    Maire
    Old 09-03-2014, 07:07 AM

I have one, I tried it on a quilt and went quite a ways on my fmq when I turned my quilt over to discover that the slider was quilted into the back of my quilt. Needless to say I had a ripping out party and never tried it again.
    Old 09-03-2014, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by mandyrose
    I had one didn't like it either
    Me too. Used it once and said forget it, not worth it. Too bad I didn't know that before I bought one.
    Old 09-03-2014, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO
    I find polish works just as well. I have tried the slider it works very well with my juki, side bobbin. It is a nuisance with my brother and bernina both top bobbins.
    I agree with the polish, I used Pledge on the machine bed and the top of my desk as well. NOTHING stuck to either of them, now I quilt at a frame but still polish the machine and desk top, to keep things moving.
    Old 09-03-2014, 03:01 PM

I love my supreme slider. I consider it to be one of my best quilting investments. I just purchased a queen supreme slider to get a larger one. Get some machinger gloves to go with it. I have no trouble getting mine to stick.
    Old 09-03-2014, 03:40 PM

I use the slider and tape it to my machine bed. I also use Machinger gloves. Both items help tremendously with my fmq.
    Old 09-03-2014, 04:04 PM

I bought teflon oven liners on Amazon and they work GREAT and cost a fraction of the price. I mean a literal fraction too; I did the math based on square inches and it came out to something like 1/12th the price. I bought two, then bought 2 more so most of my sewing surface is slick now.

Drawback is that they're black (so not pretty) and not at all sticky. I stuck mine down with double-sided tape and it works great, only one spot is finally starting to peel, after quilting 3 quilts and a handful of other sewing projects. I'll just need to put some fresh tape down and I'll be good to go!

These are the ones I bought: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B004GCP6R...lon+oven+liner There are two in each package, and each one is 2x the size of the largest Supreme Slider.

I haven't ever used a name-brand Supreme Slider so those could be superior, I don't know. I do know that these totally work though.
    Old 09-03-2014, 08:04 PM

I have one and used it a few times. I forgot to tape it down once and got it caught in the stitches. Luckily, it was just 2 or 3 stitches. I didn't notice that much difference when I used it.
    Old 09-04-2014, 08:36 AM

I never quilt without it. I have a top loading bobbin too, but most of the stuff I do is small so I don't usually have to change the bobbin. It does help and the painters tape works to keep it down if need be.
    Old 09-04-2014, 09:35 AM

How I wish this subject came up a week ago, I finally tried my hand at FMQ I really really need A LOT of practice I did notice my practice sandwich was a bit hard to push around (I used my machingers). I bought the slider a long time ago and forgot I had it so next practice session I'll give it a try. At this point I'll try anything, I cant SID forever lol.