Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Photographing Vintage Machines >

Photographing Vintage Machines

Photographing Vintage Machines

Old 09-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
. Didn't want the sun to shine and blind the shot. So I stood infront of the window and all I got was my big fat shadow butt totally wiping out the subject. LOL. Now I have learned to watch my angles.
Thanks for the morning giggle. From a Maxine card I saw the other day- "I bought one of them new-fangled phones and tried to take a picture. All I got was a selfie of my neck fat. Smart phone my a**."

Cari
Old 09-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
yup well if I get it off tulip how do I get it back on? LOL
Every camera is different. On mine there's a black ring around the lens on the front that has a pointer. I turn the ring so the pointer points to the tulip for close up shots or to the dot for regular pics. If yours has to have a specific button pushed then I don't know. It took me days of pushing buttons just to figure out how to turn off the flash or delete things on mine.

Cari
Old 09-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
It took me days of pushing buttons just to figure out how to turn off the flash or delete things on mine.
Cari
That's why it still has the tulip...
Old 09-08-2014, 02:52 PM

Miriam, what kind/brand of camera is it?
Old 09-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by crocee View Post
Miriam, what kind/brand of camera is it?
Well, it is a cheap red Nikon.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:35 PM

I started a blog post about this exact thing in April. One crisis after another has kept me from finishing it, but I -think- life is calming down now, so hopefully I'll get it published in the next week or so.

I shoot almost all of the photos and video for the blog (and youTube) with my iPhone. When I can, I stabilize it on a Manfrotto tripod. I have a Canon 40D, a Canon Elan 2, a Canon AE-1 and a Bronica ETRS 645 medium format camera. All of those cameras have never been on green square or program modes unless they were in DH's hands. I shoot 100% on manual when using them - even action shots like dirtbike racers - which means a lot of headless riders and back tires on a bad day.

In addition to all of that, I still have a fully functional wet darkroom in the basement, complete with stinky chemicals. I just wish I could find some time to make use of the film stuff lately.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:45 PM

Wow! It appears that you're not only a sewing machine expert but a photographer as well. Please keep us updated when your blog post is finished and link it. I know I'd really be interested in what you have to say.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:50 PM

I wouldn't say expert. High seated amateur. My focus for years with the cameras was landscape photography, there are a few articles on the blog about exposure and some camera basics (not in techie speak - I think). They're old articles from back when I didn't shoot digitally, but the physics that a camera works on haven't changed, only the medium used.