Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • MY Christmas Wish List >
  • MY Christmas Wish List

• MY Christmas Wish List

Old 09-11-2018, 09:20 AM

I think I'm going to ask for one of the SewEzi tables to use for FMQ since I don't have a cabinet or table for that. I took an FMQ class and the teacher recommended them.
    Old 09-11-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by GingerK
    I also have an Olfa rotating mat and dearly wish I had bought the larger one. Mine is only 12 1/2 inches square.

This sounds horrible but I would love for Santa to find DH a part time job. He decided to retire about 3 months ago and I was definitely not ready to have him round the house 24/7. He keeps trying to be helpful--which I appreciate--but usually ends up either getting in my way and making me feel guilty for being frustrated with his 'help'. Ok whining finished.

I had to look up Needle Nannies. Interesting.
    It doesn't sound horrible. I totally understand about your husband being around 24/7 - it's a difficult transition for both of you. I know because I've been there and still am adjusting. I find myself leaving the house or going back to my sewing machine or computer to get away. As one of my best friends put it, "too much together time."
    Old 09-11-2018, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    I think when we start out - we want "everything" -

Then we get "everything" -

And then we get to a point where we want to get rid of "almost everything"
    That’s exactly where I am...

Rob
    Old 09-11-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid
    I guess I already fulfilled my wish list yesterday at an estate sale. I got a 1948 Featherweight with the "card table"..the machine and case are pristine! so much so that it looks as if it's never been out of the case, and for some readon, included 2 foot controls. $200.00 for all. Thank you, Santa--I must have been a very good girl this year (so far!)
    Wow happy for you - you got a great deal!
    Old 09-11-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt
    . I am Green with envy! I really want a table for my Featherweight and simply can’t find one at a reasonable price.
    I've looked for those Featherweight tables - they are so hard to come by and expensive. I'd love one too!
    Old 09-11-2018, 01:34 PM

I also have an Olfa rotating mat and dearly wish I had bought the larger one. Mine is only 12 1/2 inches square.

This sounds horrible but I would love for Santa to find DH a part time job. He decided to retire about 3 months ago and I was definitely not ready to have him round the house 24/7. He keeps trying to be helpful--which I appreciate--but usually ends up either getting in my way and making me feel guilty for being frustrated with his 'help'. Ok whining finished.

I retired a year before my husband. He thought I was having a great time so he retired. Ending: I took two part time jobs. (Actually now we are both home now, but try to do some things together, and some apart. Seems to be working.)

Last edited by eimay; 09-11-2018 at 01:35 PM. Reason: left out a word.
    Old 09-11-2018, 07:10 PM

I have both of the Olfa rotating mats and find myself using the smaller one more. I don't seem to have enough room on my cutting table to be able to rotate the big one without hitting some of the stuff that's taking up space there.

I know what you mean about your husband being underfoot since he retired. My husband is someone who can't sit still, so he always has to be busy. Luckily, he found something that keeps him occupied. What's that old saying, "I married him for better or worse, but not for lunch."

Leslie
    Old 09-11-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    I have seen elanore burns use a ruler that has multiple slots for cutting strips. She cuts in a quarter of the time I take, so I am thinking of looking up what that ruler is, and buying one. Time saved during the cutting process is a big plus to my old knees.
    The ruler you are referring to is made by June Taylor. I have had one for years I don't know if Joann's still carry it but that's where I bought the one I have. Mine has slots for different size strips but Eleanor has the 2 1/2 inch one. I bought mine using a coupon.
    Old 09-11-2018, 09:06 PM

I made my own rotating mat about 5 or 6 years ago, all I did was use a lazy Susan and a cutting mat that had warped. I put it to good use when Jenny Doan came out with the disappearing blocks. Works like a charm and I think it's about 15 inches round. I think the amounts they want for some of these things are crazy unless you have no concerns about money. I would rather spend on fabric or threads.
    Old 09-12-2018, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt
    . I am Green with envy! I really want a table for my Featherweight and simply can’t find one at a reasonable price.
    there is a co. that makes reproduction tables for the featherweight...google...can't remember name but should be easy to find and they aren't too expensive.