Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bewildered and perplexed on a new machine >
  • Bewildered and perplexed on a new machine

• Bewildered and perplexed on a new machine

Old 07-04-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by true4uca
    I think you really pay for the speed control. Isn't there some way to control the speed by putting a small block of wood or pencil behind the foot pedal to stop it from going to fast. I thought I had read about it here a long time ago. Of course I can't find the post now.
    I found this true4uca. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD4GQ43WvDE
    I don't think the above hack looks too permanent. He even refers to it as "temporary".

But I already ordered the Juki. It wound up costing twice what I could get the Brother 1500 for. Juki has pulled 3 of the presser feet from the 2010Q. Apparantly, sales are too
    good so they want to make you spend more. I had to add feet to my order which was an additional $150 more. I needed the walking foot guide bar $49.95, the 1/4" foot, and a ruler foot.

But just adding a speed control is not worth $ 500 more. I certainly won't argue with that.
    They also have the Juki 2200QVP now going for $1,699, which is the identical machine to the 2010Q with a little fancier paint job, and all the added feet. That model could be had for as low as $1000 just over a year ago.

Last edited by Schill93; 07-04-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    Old 07-05-2019, 06:14 AM

Congratulations! You'll love it. I bought a 9 inch harp machine 20 years ago, (Brother 1500) and FMQ many quilts on it, including queen size without any problems.
    When I first got it a tip was shared with me that she was given by a Brother tech, to use stretch needles for FMQ, the longer grove for the thread helps prevent skipped stitches. The stretch needles made a huge difference. I don't know if this holds true for the Juki. I don't have one but have heard nothing but praise for Juki machines.