Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual quilting day—Super Bowl Sunday (2/2/20) >
  • Virtual quilting day—Super Bowl Sunday (2/2/20)

• Virtual quilting day—Super Bowl Sunday (2/2/20)

Old 02-03-2020, 06:43 AM

The Chiefs and the Forty Niners played. Chiefs won. And I only know because my husband watched! I did watch some of the commercials. The google one made me cry. I’m glad people were able to get quite a bit done. And for those having technical issues, I hope they are resolved soon.

Originally Posted by juliasb
    I managed to get 4 blocks done for another scrappy quilt using batik 2 1/2" strips that I have here. Then I decided to change directions and do a series of 9 patches with the batik strips. Not to much got done but since I am not a Superbowl person I need to ask a couple questions. Who played and who won. I haven't had the tv on for a couple days and I don't know when I watched a sports broadcaster. I would much rather be making a quilt.
    Old 02-03-2020, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    The Chiefs and the Forty Niners played. Chiefs won. And I only know because my husband watched! I did watch some of the commercials. The google one made me cry. I’m glad people were able to get quite a bit done. And for those having technical issues, I hope they are resolved soon.
    Thanks, I would not have known. I still don't know where the Chiefs are from while I do know where the 49er come from at least. The last time I watched the Super bowl I was in the hospital and it was interrupted with Heidi in the last couple minutes of the game and the game was totally turned around. I don't recall who was playing but I think the Ram's were one of the teams. I don't recall the other team. I prefered Heidi. Back then I was not quilting at all so I spent part of the afternoon reading and the rest sleeping. Having some sewing to do is much better than the football game any day of the week.
    Old 02-03-2020, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb
    Thanks, I would not have known. I still don't know where the Chiefs are from while I do know where the 49er come from at least. The last time I watched the Super bowl I was in the hospital and it was interrupted with Heidi in the last couple minutes of the game and the game was totally turned around. I don't recall who was playing but I think the Ram's were one of the teams. I don't recall the other team. I prefered Heidi. Back then I was not quilting at all so I spent part of the afternoon reading and the rest sleeping. Having some sewing to do is much better than the football game any day of the week.
    Good afternoon everyone, Juliasb, in answer to your question, the Chiefs are from Kansas City Mo. I don't do to much sports but my late husband was a sports guy. In fact my girls are into sports more than I am. But, KCMO is my neighboring metro-plex. They do baseball, football, and minor league hockey and soccer in this metro. No professional basketball, my late husband love the NBA.

I did get some sewing done on the new project. It's a six inch bi-colored patch of purple and black. It will be the back and the front will be six inch pieced stars or butterflies of purple or lilac and sandwiched together

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb
    Old 02-03-2020, 04:55 PM

Yesterday I printed out paper copies of 2 mystery quilts being conducted. I’m glad I decided not to follow along. My selected fabric would not have worked well. I figured I will make then eventually. Just not this month.

Follow-up on the chiefs. Patrick Mahoney is still in Florida, being in the Disney parade. The rest of team came home. Most (if not all), of the local school districts are off for a “Red day,” on Wednesday. They will make up the day at the end of the year. It’s Kansas City history in action. Plus we are expecting a snow system tomorrow and a second round on Wednesday during the parade time. It’s not going to stop the parade activities. Last night the city party very late into the night. Fireworks were going off after each touchdown and definitely after we won the Super Bowl. This area does love their Chiefs and Royals.
    Old 02-04-2020, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by happylab
    Yesterday I printed out paper copies of 2 mystery quilts being conducted. I’m glad I decided not to follow along. My selected fabric would not have worked well. I figured I will make then eventually. Just not this month.

Follow-up on the chiefs. Patrick Mahoney is still in Florida, being in the Disney parade. The rest of team came home. Most (if not all), of the local school districts are off for a “Red day,” on Wednesday. They will make up the day at the end of the year. It’s Kansas City history in action. Plus we are expecting a snow system tomorrow and a second round on Wednesday during the parade time. It’s not going to stop the parade activities. Last night the city party very late into the night. Fireworks were going off after each touchdown and definitely after we won the Super Bowl. This area does love their Chiefs and Royals.
    Good morning everyone, I know we have put this thread aside for a while but, I just wanted to say to Happylab, is hello neighbor. It's good to realize that you got someone close on the board. If you make it to the parade try to stay warm and safe.

I did get more done on my new project yesterday than I did Sunday, I will keep plugging at it. Just wish I could make up my mind on stars or butterflies for the other side

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb