Martha from VA

Old 12-19-2009, 03:31 PM

:D Don't I know you from somewhere?

LOL

judee
Old 12-19-2009, 03:34 PM
dsj

wow! How beautiful. We didn't get any of it in mid Tn, it all went east. Maybe a white Christmas for you. I am from all over moved 28 times but Michigan during my teen years. It was always fun with the winter sports. Now I hate cold. I figure if it's cold there should be snow, if no snow then darn it, it should be warm. Your house is really cute. I am sure you have already realized it's quite a job doing repair work or at least it can be. I just finished a postage stamp Sunshine and Shadows dating to mid 1800's. It was an honor to do the work mostly but my I was scared to even touch it at first. She loved it when it was done. It was a beautiful piece to begin with the repairs brought it back to life. Good luck to you and have fun. Keep in touch. Daphne
Old 12-19-2009, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by judee0624
:D Don't I know you from somewhere?

LOL

judee
Hey Cousin! Its about time you caught me here. LOL
Old 12-19-2009, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
Fantastic, I am so envious of you, although I know life can't be very easy when you need to go out and that. Happy Christmas and more importantly Happy Quilting!!
Yeah, we had to call a neighbor up the street (farmer with BIG tractor) to ask him if he'll plow us out tomorrow morning.

Its 7:06 - its still snowing. This state isn't made for it - NY, NH, ME, MA, VT - yes, they know how to handle it - here in VA - NOT so much! It's going to be a couple of days till we can get out......this is the biggest snow I remember here. Having grown up in upstate NY this is nothing.

I tried to convince my hubby to buy a snow blower yesterday. He didn't. :evil: He may be reconsidering....haha
Old 12-19-2009, 05:47 PM

See you are from Va, and say nearer the mountains, and say, usually not a lot of snow...so how did that go for you today?? Down here in the Richmond area where I am, we had about 6 inches then sleet, and now snow showers!!!

I love the colors you chose for your daughters quilt....
ETA...I then finished reading the posts and saw your snow!!!
Where in the mtns are you??
Old 12-19-2009, 08:27 PM
dsj

Martha, we had about 5 minutes of flurries IN M'Boro Tn. We were hoping for a little more than that. Your area was on the news a bit ago,WOW!! I think it's time for a snowblower. You need to make snow angels and send a photo.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
See you are from Va, and say nearer the mountains, and say, usually not a lot of snow...so how did that go for you today?? Down here in the Richmond area where I am, we had about 6 inches then sleet, and now snow showers!!!

I love the colors you chose for your daughters quilt....
ETA...I then finished reading the posts and saw your snow!!!
Where in the mtns are you??
I am in Orange County - but my mailing address is Culpeper (hard to explain). We are not IN the mountains - we are probably about 30 minute drive from Skyline Drive. I see the mountains when I drive to town - its so lovely.

As far as the snow --- well, I'll be taking some more pics now that its DONE! LOL My daughter had sent out something she found on the 'net a few weeks back that said this area could be looking at 40" overall this winter.....I think we've gotten a fair start! Whew. We usually don't get snow till Jan/Feb. So who knows what we're in for! :shock:
Old 12-20-2009, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by dsj
Martha, we had about 5 minutes of flurries IN M'Boro Tn. We were hoping for a little more than that. Your area was on the news a bit ago,WOW!! I think it's time for a snowblower. You need to make snow angels and send a photo.
Yeah, don't know about snow angels - if I laid down in the snow right now - I'd sink! :lol: We have to get dug out. That's going to take a LOT of work.....
Old 12-20-2009, 07:06 AM

Welcome! I love the quilt you made for your daughter.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:40 AM

Wow! Welcome to the board from South Louisiana. Don't you just love the D9P? It's the first thing I learned when I hopped on board here. Since then I've learned a whole lot of great things. I'm still struggling the computer and the digital camera, but the rest is going well. And I've made a great number of friends.

Oh and about your DPT -- it's great. :thumbup: I love your arrangement of blocks. I've never used that one.