Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finally finished sewing closet >

Finally finished sewing closet

Finally finished sewing closet

Old 05-13-2010, 05:58 PM

Super nice.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 PM

Yoiu are so organized. Can I come play in your closet? Pwetty Pwease?

ReRe
Old 05-13-2010, 06:43 PM

sweet, wish mine looked like that.
Want to come to my house?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Power Poster

Wow, what great organization. Come and help me with mine.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:07 PM

I like your closet,,,,and the stuff in it! How long did it take to organize up to this point????

Your pegboard is great. It is sandwiched in just right.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:25 PM

It looks great. I'm trying to organize my sewing room. I hope I can get mine as organized as your.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:26 PM

Wow, you packed and organized a lot into a small space and did it well.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:29 PM

Wow what a closet, I only wish for a stash like yours.
That would truly be like shopping in a store :D :thumbup:
Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 AM

THANK YOU for all the kind comments – it took me less than 2 weeks to organize the entire closet. Probably 3 of those were full days, and the rest a few hours here and there. The biggest task is when you take everything out of the closet and have it in piles all over the sewing room in order to organize into holidays, fall, flannel, solids, etc. Until the very last day, the sewing room itself was very intimidating with things everywhere – but if I got discouraged, I just turned off the light and went back later (or the next day, hee hee). It was fun to find material I forgot about and really fun organizing the magazines into magazine name and date order as well as the quilting books into categories (appliqué, paper piecing, holiday ideas, etc.).

Have to confess though, I am an organizational “nut” out of priorities. I was a single working (full time and then some), mother for about 14 years, so if I put everything in order and easy to get, it made my (and my son’s) life much easier. I’m the one who actually has her pantry in order with everything in groups. I absolutely love extra shelves, shelf organizers and container bins. I even have all my shoes in plastic containers with a photo of the shoe on the outside so I can just look and grab – yea I know, that’s pretty bad. But it was fun just sitting on the floor and taking photos of a shoe (thank goodness for digital cameras, home printers, and sticky paper). We have 2 dogs who eat different foods (one is fat), and I even have their photos on the outside of their respective containers. Guess you got the idea – anything to give me more time and space when I need it. Even though I am retired now, I still like to have everything in its place and easy to get to.

I know I take it to the extreme, but after a little time and work, it just made life so much easier for me so that I could spend more time with my son and family.

I used the link below to find out how to fold the fabric – now that is a lady who has a lot of fabric by alaskasunshine:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43871-1.htm

Now if someone can please tell me how to fold those fat quarters I’ll be a happy camper and can't wait tol get back to quilting and embroidering next week.

Karen
Old 05-14-2010, 08:34 AM

Karen, your sewing closet is wonderful. I love all of your organization...everything is visible so you don't have to hunt. I think we are kindred spirits, because I have that same origanizational gene...it's the German in me.LOL I take some teasing from my family too, but it is a real pet peeve of mine to have to hunt for things...drives me batty, so I will organize til my last breath.
I used some small fabric boards for my fat quarters and small cuts of fabric. I then stacked them in plastic tubs.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-37464-1.htm

Here is a picture. Take note that my stash looks pretty puny compared to yours. :lol: