Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Whew. That Was Skeery. But I'm So Excited! :-D >

Whew. That Was Skeery. But I'm So Excited! :-D

Whew. That Was Skeery. But I'm So Excited! :-D

Old 06-29-2010, 01:53 PM

You did good, girl! Keep us updated and if you need, inspiration, motivation or help, you know where to come.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM

Sure, everyone is welcome to come over and play! LOL! :mrgreen: ;)

We ended up going 'round and 'round with the bank this morning. :evil: As mentioned, my husband had told them yesterday morning, in person, that a large purchase would be coming through, and the bank girl said okay. I placed the order last night. Then I went to pay our cell phone bill online early this morning, and it wouldn't go through. Yep, the bank locked down our account again even though the girl said it would be okay. Hubby went BACK to the bank this morning as soon as they opened, to find out what the deal was. The girl had failed to "pre-authorize" (or whatever they call it) the purchase, and "the computer" shut down our account anyway. :evil: But they finally got things straightened out and the account unlocked. Hubby had me pay the cell phone bill online while he was still at the bank, to make sure the debit card worked. It did.

On the good side, I just got the tracking number, and it says the scheduled delivery date is July 2. Woo hoo! When I click on the link to go to the UPS site, it looks like they've shipped 5 separate packages. Not sure if they'll all arrive the same day, or what. The package weights are 50 pounds, 45, 8, 40, and 22 pounds. We live on a steep hill. The UPS man is going to love me SO much! :lol:
Old 06-29-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
Sure, everyone is welcome to come over and play! LOL! :mrgreen: ;)

We ended up going 'round and 'round with the bank this morning. :evil: As mentioned, my husband had told them yesterday morning, in person, that a large purchase would be coming through, and the bank girl said okay. I placed the order last night. Then I went to pay our cell phone bill online early this morning, and it wouldn't go through. Yep, the bank locked down our account again even though the girl said it would be okay. Hubby went BACK to the bank this morning as soon as they opened, to find out what the deal was. The girl had failed to "pre-authorize" (or whatever they call it) the purchase, and "the computer" shut down our account anyway. :evil: But they finally got things straightened out and the account unlocked. Hubby had me pay the cell phone bill online while he was still at the bank, to make sure the debit card worked. It did.

On the good side, I just got the tracking number, and it says the scheduled delivery date is July 2. Woo hoo! When I click on the link to go to the UPS site, it looks like they've shipped 5 separate packages. Not sure if they'll all arrive the same day, or what. The package weights are 50 pounds, 45, 8, 40, and 22 pounds. We live on a steep hill. The UPS man is going to love me SO much! :lol:
LOL Make him some brownies or cookies!! Maybe he won't mind so much. Or better yet, offer hime a cold beer.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:38 AM

CONGRATS. That is awesome"
Old 06-30-2010, 03:17 AM

YAH HOO, good for you. Be sure and post pictures!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:26 AM

I did the same thing also and felt the same but now I have it and ooooooooooooo I am having so much fun.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:06 AM

How wonderful!I'm sure your super excited to get all of your goodies.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:20 AM

Doesn't it feel good to buy something for just "You" for a change? Don't feel guilty, ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:28 AM

I'm so happy for your excitement. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story. Congrats!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 AM

Christmas in July!

I know what you mean about "skeery"- I felt the same way when I bought my Juki. But, it is worth every penny and you will love it!

Can't wait to hear how everything goes. ENJOY!!!