Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads Lowering Prices + some info about something! >

Connecting Threads Lowering Prices + some info about something!

Connecting Threads Lowering Prices + some info about something!

Old 07-29-2010, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
I have been tempted to buy fabric from Connecting Threads but wasn't sure of the quality. Sounds like I can buy with confidence. Question though, is it the same quality as quilt shop fabric????
I purchased yardage from CT a few months ago when they were having a great sale on a discontinued line. I had never ordered fabric before fro them, only a few patterns. Arrived in just a few days, but the fabric was a disappointment. Didn't feel at all like the 100% cottons from any LQS - was denser & almost had a poly-like feel to it. I showed it to some QFs & they agreed that it was definitely different (the selvage did read 100% cotton tho) Has anyone else had this issue? I just wonder if some of their fabric is more like the LQS & some not?
Thoughts, please?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by montanablu
Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
I have been tempted to buy fabric from Connecting Threads but wasn't sure of the quality. Sounds like I can buy with confidence. Question though, is it the same quality as quilt shop fabric????
I purchased yardage from CT a few months ago when they were having a great sale on a discontinued line. I had never ordered fabric before fro them, only a few patterns. Arrived in just a few days, but the fabric was a disappointment. Didn't feel at all like the 100% cottons from any LQS - was denser & almost had a poly-like feel to it. I showed it to some QFs & they agreed that it was definitely different (the selvage did read 100% cotton tho) Has anyone else had this issue? I just wonder if some of their fabric is more like the LQS & some not?
Thoughts, please?

I thought it had a silky feel but I think that Moda and the likes have the same silky smooth feel.

I like connecting threads and I will order form them again. I just ordered for the first time this month and I loved the colors and the feel of their fabric. The only thing that I thought was weird was it seemed that the weave was a bit loose.
It was dense like number if threads per inch but it seemed that it would unravel at the edge. Hasn't yet just a little but nothing major. I didn't pre wash because of that.
We will see how it does
Old 07-30-2010, 04:56 AM

I love ordering from them. They always make good if there is an error in an order or as you said something doesn't fit. They have loyal customers who advertise for them by telling others they have "service".
Old 07-30-2010, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Aully
I just wish they had Paypal for payment as some of use don't have credit cards. lol! :)
I agree - and I just prefer to use Paypal, no bill to pay later !

& haven't bought their fabric yet - but I've always had great service on books, patterns & thread :)
Old 07-30-2010, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB
I love Connecting Threads and having lower prices just makes me love them more!!!
DITTO to this one!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 AM

I love CT too. Their fabric and thread are superb. Never had a complaint when ordering from them. I ordered a queen quilt kit, made it and had so much left over that I made an additional lap quilt. Only mistake I made was the binding...they said to seam the binding and I seamed it on the diagonal. OOPS, ran out of fabric so had to improvise.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:43 AM

they are a good company to do business with. a friend got a kit with fabric shortage and they sent out the fabric right away. I love ordering books also.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:45 AM

I like Connecting Threads fabrics and thread for sewing in my machine, but I don't use the cone thread for quilting with my midarm quilter as it breaks horribly with the extra pressure on it. I can only use Signature for that.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:21 AM

I <3 CT's and I also wish a LOT of places took paypal. I'm going to have to trek to the PO to get an international money order for a pattern BUT I dearly love that pattern.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:32 AM

Order the threads whenever you need them, but always buy five or six spools. I get five or six of white, grey, cream and black. When I get down to two spools of white, I reorder the white.