Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
saving favorite fabric >

saving favorite fabric

saving favorite fabric

Old 10-01-2010, 08:07 AM

I have a few pieces left of some old Robert Hoffman woodblock prints from years ago. I'll probably use these if I can find a pattern that I like that will highlight them. I don't like the newer patterns, like disappearing nine patch, etc., so I may use them as accents. Every time I look at them, I think they're so beautiful I want to frame them.!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by QUILT4JOY
Originally Posted by TeresaT
Originally Posted by thequilterslink
Oh yes, i have a few pieces i can't bear to cut into, i get them out and pet them once in a while :)
I am so glad I am not the only one who gets fabric out an pets it.
Me too. :lol:
Me three! LOLOL .. we should share pictures of our favorite fabrics ... maybe we could help each other accumulate more. My absolute-to-die-for favorite is a 1994 Hoffman Challenge called Tiffany Windows here:

http://www.hoffmanchallenge.com/past...994fabric.html

I only have a yard of that GORGEOUS stuff. It is lovingly placed away from the light and dust/dirt. I visit it on occasion, just to pet it and reassure it that it is still my #1.

Second place is the 2004 Hoffman Challenge called Multi-Gold (?) here:

http://www.hoffmanchallenge.com/challenge2004.html

It shares the same clean dark spot with #1, so at least they can talk to each other. :-)
Old 10-02-2010, 04:35 AM

Oh - that Hoffman Challenge Multi-Gold is absolutely exquisite. It should be framed and hung because it is sooooooooooo gorgeous
Old 10-02-2010, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
Originally Posted by QUILT4JOY
Originally Posted by TeresaT
Originally Posted by thequilterslink
Oh yes, i have a few pieces i can't bear to cut into, i get them out and pet them once in a while :)
I am so glad I am not the only one who gets fabric out an pets it.
Me too. :lol:
Me three! LOLOL .. we should share pictures of our favorite fabrics ... maybe we could help each other accumulate more. My absolute-to-die-for favorite is a 1994 Hoffman Challenge called Tiffany Windows here:

http://www.hoffmanchallenge.com/past...994fabric.html

I only have a yard of that GORGEOUS stuff. It is lovingly placed away from the light and dust/dirt. I visit it on occasion, just to pet it and reassure it that it is still my #1.

Second place is the 2004 Hoffman Challenge called Multi-Gold (?) here:

http://www.hoffmanchallenge.com/challenge2004.html

It shares the same clean dark spot with #1, so at least they can talk to each other. :-)
OMGosh It is beautiful and I would have had to have all the co-ordinating fabrics also. wonder if they are still available somewhere?
Old 10-02-2010, 04:47 AM

I'm so new at quilting! I only buy fabric when I have a quilt pattern in mind. Am sure that will change one day but right now it works for me. Besides, we live full time in an RV and there's only so much room. Maybe that's really a GOOD thing.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:06 AM

Oh yes I have every Pancy fabric made I think , and
I cant cut a single piece , maybe one day the perfect
pattern will come along , until then I stroke,refold , admire, and gently put it away . My quilting friends reckon they are going to line my "coffin " with it one day . At least I will still have it with me ......
Old 10-02-2010, 06:28 AM

I have a jelly roll that I fell in love with the material. I'm scared to death to use it because I can't decide how to use it or if I should put some other fabric with it when making my quilt. I'm also a relatively a quilting newbie and what if I really mess it up.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by fabricfairy
Oh yes I have every Pancy fabric made I think , and
I cant cut a single piece , maybe one day the perfect
pattern will come along , until then I stroke,refold , admire, and gently put it away . My quilting friends reckon they are going to line my "coffin " with it one day . At least I will still have it with me ......
My favorite flower is the pansy. I bought some beautiful pansy fabric. I started the quilt and decided that I would love to make a king size quilt for my bed. I went back to get the material and they didn't have any more and I haven't been able to find it any where else. I'm so upset.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:49 AM

This is what I've decided to do too.

Originally Posted by Celeste
I've only made a few quilts, but some of the ones I've really really liked were used as backing.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:03 AM

I have trouble using material left over from a project. I think that I will make curtains or pillow cases. But I never do. What's up with that? I guess it is just as bad as saving a piece of favorite material.