Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How I see this board! >

How I see this board!

How I see this board!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:21 AM

No matter what I am making, I always come back to this board for advice and suggestions. I feel welcome here and spend too much time here.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:23 AM

Well said.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:44 AM

You said it perfectly. I tell all my friends about this Board. The first thing I do everyday is turn on my computer to see it. It's the best thing I've ever signed up for including magazines. I've often wondered if anyone edited through and took our negative responds as there are none on this and that is what I love about it.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:45 AM

You said it perfectly. I tell all my friends about this Board. The first thing I do everyday is turn on my computer to see it. It's the best thing I've ever signed up for including magazines. I've often wondered if anyone edited through and took out negative responds as there are none on this and that is what I love about it.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:45 AM

You should add "Spokesperson" to your resume. You put into words what so many of us feel.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

Well said!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:03 AM

Linda, that was eloquent. You said what I have felt many times when I sign on. You said it so well. Thank you for being our voice.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:10 AM

I agree, although I have a circle of quilting friends locally, I find so much help and encouragement on the boards. So many times there will be a tutorial or a post that will solve a problem I have been stewing on. I hope that everyone will find my posts to be positive.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
I know we have had similar threads before, but a recent topic made me want to share this with all of you.
I feel it pertains to quilting, and thus to the "main" section, because many times some of us would not be able to get our quilting done if not for the members of this board. The support and encouragement, as well as the tutorials and prompt help when needed keep us going.
Recently a member posted a thank you to members for help and support received. This prompted my thoughts that I want to share here.
We are always here for one another, whether we realize the importance of what we are saying or sharing at any given moment.
I just want to emphasize that there is NOTHING WEAK about having a good cry to relieve stress, or reaching out to a fellow member for help of any kind. We are strong every day as we face the challenges of dealing with all the issues that we must!!! We don't have to be strong here if we are not feeling that way. We can relax here and be ourselves, and know that we are accepted.
I like to envision our group as holding hands in a loving supportive circle around all of it's members who need it at any given time. The circle flows as those inside move to the outside when they can and back inside as need requires. A moving living thing that is always here.
No one person always has to be on the outside of the circle, being strong and giving. There is room in both places for everyone when they are ready.
I feel blessed to be a part of this group. How little did I know, when I came looking for quilting knowlege and support, that I would find so very much more.
I won't say thank you, I will only say that I am a part of the circle too. Sometimes inside it, sometimes part of the outside. And that makes me very happy.
Not only did a lot of thought go into this post, but this forum reminds me daily of how when women bond, there is much to be grateful for. I felt good when you expressed that we all can be either inside or outside depending on our needs.

This is like a huge friendship circle of women who freely offer not only advice, but wonderful support, whether it be with quilting or something we need emotionally.

Thank you all for your kindnesses. It has made a HUGE difference in my life this year.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:50 AM

Amen to that. Well said.